coil colour code - aka that blue/white/gold dress...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boondoggler

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 10 plate RS133 (tinted windows, split rear seat, music pack and cup chassis, 17 in wheels etc). Currently I have a failed MOT due to the classic cracked coil spring. Wow you say...well my local garage is having issue finding the correct coil spring based on the colour coding. Renault UK have been involved and suggest that the only two colours codes they provide for this particular model are Orange/Violet or Orange/Yellow/Violet

So I take a look a my ones and I see Yellow/Violet

They say, well the orange has worn off (on both sides...really?), or the yellow is actually orange (then really bad choice of colour scheme). So my questions are:

a) What is the difference between the Orange/Violet and the Orange/Violet/Yellow

b) Did any RS133 have Yellow/Violet only?

c) What should mine have (even though I bought new and the springs have never been changed)

I kinda need to know asap as I currently am off the road.

Cheers

Boondoggler

Thanks Miller,

Yeah I was going to get both done, unfortunately I really want to ensure I get the right parts from Renault if I am paying £90+ a side.

Ref the lowering springs, will I not have issues with scrubbing?

Have also PM'd Karl if he is about?

Should have a problem with scrubbing so long as your not dropping on to the ground but -25mm you should be fine. Aet of Apex springs from Kam are £125ish

Don't recall which way around it is, but think the two colour codes are for Cup / non Cup. Strange that they'd advise by colour code though - these should be separate part numbers and you should be able to order them by that.