coilover set up

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex12fowler

Reaction score
Iv just fitted ap coilovers on my GT and its sat very low at the moment the front wheels are inside the arches and the rears are nearly as low. I don't like the car like this can anyone tell me a good set up to improve handling while keeping the car as practical as possible asin not catching on speedbumps and stuff

I don't think the front will go over a speed bump. Can you give me any info on how it all works and anything else to adjust other than ride height. Do the fronts want to be abit lower or can i have it level?

alex12fowler":1x89me8z said:
I don't think the front will go over a speed bump. Can you give me any info on how it all works and anything else to adjust other than ride height. Do the fronts want to be abit lower or can i have it level?

APs are only height adjustable, just get your C spanner and jack the car up, loosen the holding nut if you have one on the adjuster like my Weitecs and twist it so it gets higher and lower the car to the ground and remeasure to ensure both sides are even, repeat until satisfied

The front should be abit lower than the rear or you'll encourage under steer its just common sense ;), reverse rake is for fags.

The beauty of coilovers is you can raise/lower the ride height... Normally from unrealistically low up to standardish height. Just wind the adjusters back up to get to a point where its usable.
On the front, the change in height will be roughly the same as the change in the position of the adjusters
On the rear, the change in height will be roughly twice the change in the position of the adjusters.

not very technical but this is how I had my AP's set and it was spot on, no matter how hard you cornered it wouldn't rub, both with and without 30mm spacers even flat out round knockhill

1239251_10200253315135968_1648594230_o.jpg

After playing around with the set up this morning I have settled on this height set up. I think I have the coilovers that were actually on your car martin, also with the apex rear dampers.
temporary_zpsb91973d4.jpg

temporary_zpsb37e9f61.jpg

cheers mate im happy with how its sat. Driving and handling has been improved aswell

Cheers Mark I think they look good on the car so good deal all round for us haha