Coilovers and warranty.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XNicolalaX

Reaction score
So my car is under warranty until Oct 14, which is good news, but I really want some coilovers. I am guessing this would affect my warranty, but just wondered by how much it would affect it, and other peoples thoughts on it? Thanks. :)

Will only affect the parts directly affected by the coilovers.

And worth it, if you intend to get the bc coilovers. I didn't get the aps myself, as they didn't include top mounts (I needed to replace mine) or an anti roll bar bracket, and were not adjustable dampers, only height adjustable on the front

It should only affect the warranty in the areas where the new suspension was contributary to component failure.

So, if the engine goes pop, then it shouldn't be affected.

Your problem will be drop links, which are a weak spot on the Twingo, and attached to lowered suspension. The garage will try to tell you that they are not covered - even though they would have great difficulty in proving that the new suspension put additional stress on the jounts.

The renault warranty is pretty kind in the way that it doesn't affect the whole thing it only affects the parts that is not OEM so in your case the warranty on the suspension will be void but if it can proved that the suspension has affected anything else that will be voided too

LCplParks":diz7b50u said:
The renault warranty is pretty kind in the way that it doesn't affect the whole thing it only affects the parts that is not OEM so in your case the warranty on the suspension will be void but if it can proved that the suspension has affected anything else that will be voided too

Think you'll find Renault are probably quite skimpy compared to others out there, it is industry standard to offer a warranty that is in reality a series of small warranties covering individual parts fitted from new

Ah thats ok then, I didn't know whether if I changed to coilovers, then the whole warranty would be void! I have never lowered any of my previous cars, so its all new to me. Which coilovers are the best, and won't rub. I don't want it slammed as such, but just more than what it is now. What would be the best measurement? like 25-30mm?

I've had mine lowered on 25mm and it fills the arches really nicely and it handles better also springs are like £140 compared to £600 for coilies I'd say if you want a 25-30mm drop to get springs and save yourself some money

LCplParks":3g43mouh said:
I've had mine lowered on 25mm and it fills the arches really nicely and it handles better also springs are like £140 compared to £600 for coilies I'd say if you want a 25-30mm drop to get springs and save yourself some money

Have the springs made your car crashy and a bit hard? What springs did u go for?

I've got spax -25mm all round and they feel great to be honest: they're not crashy at all they're stiffer than the cup springs I had before but they aren't harsh at all, as for rubbing and grounding out they're absolutely fine even on full lock going round corners fast, and I can still bump two wheels up onto a kerb to park if needs be :D

Picture of my car the day after the springs went on (its the one in the middle :p)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369153786.388623.jpg