Coilovers fitting?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waitey

Reaction score
Has anyone for a guide or any tips on fitting coilovers? First time I have had coilovers and will be fitting them myself!

I helped do springs once but I only did the rear springs which just pop out lol.

Which ones have you gone for?
Do they come complete with the front top mounts? If not, id get some new ones then you can assemble them and just swap out the complete struts and not need to mess about with compressors.

Generally its much the same as the springs which has a guide. Then, setting the ride height by adjusting the platforms

Ah well I re looked at Karl's guide and should take me and Davey awhile..

And Maggi I'm sure a hammer will have a say in something, or a rubber mallet of some sort :lol:

Didn't get BCs so no top mounts, sort of stretched my spending limit on wheels aswell :|

I'm sure ill get adjustable top mounts in a year or two at some point.

Oh this explains the text from Davey earlier, I did think wonder why he wanted to know about Twingo coilovers :lol:

Which did you go for?

And when the walk through suggests tapping the lower bolts on the front strut. I feel this is misleading, as 'tapping' suggested it was a small hammer. After hitting the thread and the thread collapsing I ended up purchasing new bolts from Renault. A big hammer is deffo the way forward

PM'd and..

Yeah I'm going to Davey to fit them at some point then I can get these new wheels on.

Do you adjust the height on or off the car? And how do I keep each corner the same height without one being higher than the other? Or is it a ruler job? :lol:

maggi112":12xzwnno said:
And when the walk through suggests tapping the lower bolts on the front strut. I feel this is misleading, as 'tapping' suggested it was a small hammer. After hitting the thread and the thread collapsing I ended up purchasing new bolts from Renault. A big hammer is deffo the way forward
Leaving the nut fitted on the end of the bolts will limit any damage to the threads from a stray hammer blow.

For setting the ride height, just trial and error to find the height that you want. Adjusting the spring platforms with the weight off the wheels and trying again.....