Concours?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim

Reaction score
Hi, any one thought about a concours competition with our cars? Not sure how it would work, or how many would enter, or if there would be prizes etc... Slim.

its a cleaning/detailing competition, polishing, vacuming the interier etc... then a judge decides on a winner.

P2123493.jpg

P2123488.jpg

I dunno, my insurance company has quoted me less for when I get my 133 than my smart car!

This is an excellent idea, but I would call it show and shine or similar, not concours

maggi112 said:
I dunno, my insurance company has quoted me less for when I get my 133 than my smart car!

Thats cause people keep mistaking them for trainers and running off with them. Costs insurance companies a fortune.

Lol maybe, but i fail to see the point of insurance groups at all if group 2 is consistently more expensive to insure than a group 8, why not make the group 2 more if it's gonna cost more? Just a little confusing was all!

That's not bad at all tbh, insurance is just silly price. 21m 4 years driving and 1 year ncb (touched a 4x4 on a roundabout that just stopped, but fair is fair, it was me that hit her) and it's £650

I've been very intrigued about keeping and getting my cars into concourse condition with the possibility of concourse shows.

Thing is it goes way beyond just having shiny panels on the car. You're looking at a mint engine bay, door sills, boot and door hinges etc. Ideally and how I'd like to get my Megane, a perfect underside as well.

Hence why my wheel arches look like this (excuse the rusty brake discs and hubs)

FinalPic.jpg

Under bonnet -

Dscf0693.jpg

Hinges -

2-4.jpg

I intend on keeping the Gordini in the same kind of condition which is far easier when you own the car from new.