conti blowout

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you hit something, or a pothole to cause it to blow?

Once they are fully deflated, they don't last long. I had to do about half a mile to find a safe place to change the wheel and the sidewall was already melted and splitting open

Same happened to me on the M56 in my 200! Those were conti's too, tyre was a mess!

Hope all is ok

yea i had a blowout on my conti on the 133 yesterday. was a rear and i was mid cornering rather hard lots of opposite lock and power sorted it tho. now rolling on renault wind alloys lol

My friend bought a new Megane and it had contis on, he was going round the 25 and had a blow out, hit the barrier and completely mangled his Megane! Only after about 4weeks of owning it!

All is well thankfully, despite swerving across all three lanes and in the fog too. Good job the traffic was light, had there been any other vehicles closeby I'd have been a goner for sure.

I'm not really sure how it happened as I didn't hit anything or go over a pothole. Felt a rumble coming from the back of the car, followed by the steering wheel vibrating then started swerving. Still not sure how I managed to keep control of the car.

Tyre is absolutely wrecked, massive tear all the way around on the inside. Check my tyres at least a couple of times a week so maybe I've gone over something sharp. Not even checked the alloy wheel yet, haven't dared to inspect it