Continentals/ Falkens

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan133

Reaction score
I've got continentals on the car now and need to front tyres, my mates is a mechanic and can get me falkens a lot cheaper. He said there good tyres but I'm so use to conti's that I don't wanna get them and not like them?

Has anyone tried falkens? Tell me what there like. :)

I've got khumo kh31 's just as good as the conti easily even in the wet and there so much cheaper best tyres I've had apart from conti's but half price lol

I have Falkens on the MX5 but can't comment on how they perform as it snowed right after fitting them (however they seem to work great in the snow).

What model were you looking at?

We have Falkens on the wife's SLK 350 and I rate them, very grippy considering the power it has, good in the wet too but I don't tend to hoon around in it too much, got a good deal on Camskill.

Dan133":1zhzfv6q said:
Ziex ZE912, think they were.
Same as I got for the MX.

As above, they are working fine in the snow and are supposedly good in the wet... Can't comment any further though on this particular tyre :(

Contis are good but are over priced. Whilst I agree with buying the best you can afford, since they are the only 4 things keeping you on the road really, I also think you shouldn't over spend for the sake of it.

Oh wow James you should go B&T tyres in bletchley there doing conti's for £100 (fitted). Ended up getting falkens but I think il be going back to conti's next time.

benmc":2s6zmtqx said:
I've got khumo kh31 's just as good as the conti easily even in the wet and there so much cheaper best tyres I've had apart from conti's but half price lol
Same. Very good tyre for the price. In the wet i'd say they are easily a match for contis if not a bit better. Dry i can't really comment. Good price too.

i had the need for 2 new front tyres, i choose continental as there oem from renault and the tyres match the rear. :)

Yeah contis are good just im not paying those prices.

Like i say the kumho are easily as good.

Ive got a mixture :)

Conti 1 on rear and kumho kh31 front lol

Pirelli Nero Zero tyres are also very good.

I had them in 205/40/17. I almost completetly destroyed them due to lowered on coilovers and those clips on the inside on the wheelarch ripped the sidewalls of the tyre open.

'Fixed' those metal clips with a hammer :p

Nonetheless they were very good.

MovingShadow":3jt9i0hj said:
'Fixed' those metal clips with a hammer :p

images