Corsa vxr

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazza1

Reaction score
I knew I slagged off corsa chavs BUT I'm test drivin a corsa vxr tomorrow :) least this is a 1.6 turbo and not a1.2 :lol:

What's happening Daz?! Don't resort to the dark side!

A mates got one, they're noticeably quicker in straight lines but miles behind handling wise, even with coilovers my mate struggles to keep up down a few of the lanes near my house!

133_Ads":3lqcu8xq said:

A mates got one, they're noticeably quicker in straight lines but miles behind handling wise, even with coilovers my mate struggles to keep up down a few of the lanes near my house!

I think anybody would struggle to keep up with you haha!!
You have a death wish..

Check for insurance before you decide to buy. #2 daughter was hammered on hers. 26, with full NCB it was still nearly £1200. She has now changed to a Volvo C30 and it's around £300 per year.

Apart from that, I think they are cracking cars. I think I would lap faster in a VXR than a Twingo RS at any circuit.

Araf":2wqpdz0g said:
Check for insurance before you decide to buy. #2 daughter was hammered on hers. 26, with full NCB it was still nearly £1200. She has now changed to a Volvo C30 and it's around £300 per year.

Apart from that, I think they are cracking cars. I think I would lap faster in a VXR than a Twingo RS at any circuit.
Cheers araf for the pointer. I'm hoping it won't be to bad for me I'm 32 with 10 ncb

Tbh Dazz I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford one. People slag them off but i don't know why... They look great, they're fast and easily tuneable, and they drive brilliantly.

JE_GT":2ejz3lpu said:
Tbh Dazz I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could afford one. People slag them off but i don't know why... They look great, they're fast and easily tuneable, and they drive brilliantly.
Cheers JE
This is a 57 plate with 35k on the clock with 1 owner from new. Is in mint condition and is at a vauxhall dealer

BlackTwingo-i":2xkmxt92 said:
133_Ads":2xkmxt92 said:

I think anybody would struggle to keep up with you haha!!
You have a death wish..

Haha who's got a death wish? :roll:

They're not bad. Quick. Handle okay, nice seats and I think they look quite good on the outside. And pretty good value with all the kit they can have.
Pretty good deals on them at the moment too.

They sound shockingly bad though! One took off from a petrol station the other day (after checking the 133 out) and I was disappointed. Sounded like nothing.

If u get one get a Remus system on it , OMG it sounds epic ,I just put one on me m8s with a decat sounds unreal and pops and bangs for fun with a cheeky flame or two ha ha but I will say they don't handle anywhere near like a twingo does, but power wise it's a no brainier

Hope it goes alright if it's what you want. Have you considered looking at a 197/200/225/250?

daz have a look at seat ibiza cupra 1.4 tsi my mate got one last week goes like stink handles very well ;)

Look at getting a Megane 225 or 230?

Cheaper, quicker, handle better and look a million miles better.

VXRs look so so chavvy imo. It's like a Max Power car out the factory! :lol:

Well just got back from the test drive and I won't be parting with the rs.

Yeah it was quick to drive and the seats are comfy but it wasn't as fun as the rs having to make the vvt engine work for the power. And the ride was way to stiff for me to handle drivin to work everyday.