Creaky Steering Wheel

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
Anyone else got this? When I turn the wheel, it creaks??! Mines been doing it today and it's rather annoying. I personally think it's the heat that's got to it but just want to make sure it's not about to blow up or anything.

Drives perfectly fine and steers in the correct positions etc. Just wondered if anyone else experienced it and if it's an irregular occurance or whatever?!

do you mean a creaking noise from the steering coloumn/inside the car or outside the car???

Seems to be from inside the steering column when the wheel is turned. Only seems to happen when I'm stopping; I hear an electronic "bloop" sound when slowing down and then "crack... crack... crack... crack..." when I'm pulling away. Definitely coming from steering column though, 99% sure it is.

Yeah I will if it persists.

Funnily enough it didn't happen last night when I took it out at around midnight, that's what made me think it was heat-related, haha. As outdoor temps cool down at night.

Sounds like your clock spring might be on its way out we have done a fair few on scenics lately

Twingogeekeo":36434p9m said:
Sounds like your clock spring might be on its way out we have done a fair few on scenics lately

clock spring???dont they tend to tick or tock???

Matt":36434p9m said:
Occasionally get this on mine and in the first few weeks had an intermittent grinding noise from the steering too. All seems to have stopped now so assume it was new parts bedding in. Perhaps it was my threats towards the car of taking it in to get checked that sorted it...!

:lol: cant beat a good threat of a trip to the dealers :lol:

TURBO":bpmvp5yo said:
Twingogeekeo":bpmvp5yo said:

quote]

Its anotyher name for the spigot ring and all the other names it has you cock

Twingogeekeo":2hrig0q4 said:
How often do they go? My car is only just over a year old!

Matt":2hrig0q4 said:
Occasionally get this on mine and in the first few weeks had an intermittent grinding noise from the steering too. All seems to have stopped now so assume it was new parts bedding in. Perhaps it was my threats towards the car of taking it in to get checked that sorted it...!

It did it again today but only briefly and then stopped. Might contact my dealer, just don't want to sit there for a few hours to be told there's "nothing wrong with it"...! Wish Jaybee had a Renault Minute facility.

Twingogeekeo":1fmxqfnf said:
TURBO":1fmxqfnf said:
Twingogeekeo":1fmxqfnf said:

quote]

Its anotyher name for the spigot ring and all the other names it has you c**k

wow there someones grouchy when they are ill arent they :lol:

how often does this happen??

TURBO":1tqmdpeo said:
Twingogeekeo":1tqmdpeo said:
TURBO":1tqmdpeo said:

quote]

Its anotyher name for the spigot ring and all the other names it has you c**k

wow there someones grouchy when they are ill arent they :lol:

how often does this happen??
Can do at anytime like any part

Hmm but should it happen after 1 year? Ah well hopefully it's covered by warranty. If it persists I'll get it looked at.

Mine does the same sort of when its on full lock while turning, just like a creeking noise....weird.