Cross Compatibility with Clio 2 RS Parts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know what kinda parts fit both the Clio 2 RS and the Twingo RS?

I know Brake Discs are 172 Compatible.
Need a bit more clarification if rear brace is compatible.

Also is the rear beam similar?
I'm looking at a few suspension and handling parts: rear camber shims and ARBs etc, just don't want to jump right in and buy...though, I can sell on the parts to my dad for his Clio :twisted:

Cheers
Matt

Rear are a Megane 1.6 16V

If you need genuine parts im sure i can help ;)

Rear discs and pads are a Megane 1.6 front discs are a 172/182 and front pads a 1.5 Laguna

Rear upper strut brace fits both clios and twingos, lower anti-roll bar should fit both, i'll check that during the winter. Camber plates are the same too, but they are actually quite cheap from Renault Sport directly. Coilovers fitting the 182 fit the Twingo, i must check but the only thing to be careful about is the distance between the two screws on the bottom of the front suspensions, it is 56 or 60mm on Clios depending on variants and i think it's 60 on the Twingo.

Awesome :D

Good to know man :) Cheers
If you could let me know if the Rear ARB fits, it would save me a headache. I won't be looking at buying to upgrade til next year anyways :)

I'll find out about the lower arm spacing next time I have my front wheels off (probably weekend to fit my studs).

Cheers for the Info about the brakes Karl :)

rear bar should fit as the rear beam from 182. have one at home just never got around to fitting it.
front 182s dampners should fit not 172s but easier option is just to go for clio 1.6 dampners/coilies with the 56mm spacing

orbital":3v7639v0 said:
rear bar should fit as the rear beam from 182. have one at home just never got around to fitting it.
front 182s dampners should fit not 172s but easier option is just to go for clio 1.6 dampners/coilies with the 56mm spacing

Right, hang on.....Front strut bolt spacing on the Twingo is what exactly? :?:

I thought the 182's were a 60mm spacing (was looking at Bilsteins)...

Like I said, the worst comes to the worst, I buy the rear bar and it doesn't fit, I can sell it to my Dad for his Rally Car.

i thought clio spacings were either 52mm or 56mm. e-tailors like larkspeed state clio coilies/dampners as either those two spacings. 182s might be different though.
56mm works on GTs so will have to double check with anyone on here thats fitted clio coilies/dampners what was the spacing

all clio 2 rs's 172/172cup/182non cup are 54mm

182cup's are 60mm

madmatt":2dv4jkg5 said:
TURBO":2dv4jkg5 said:
all clio 2 rs's 172/172cup/182non cup are 54mm

182cup's are 60mm

The following users thank you for this useful post: madmatt

:lol:

glad i could help :mrgreen:

N0ddie":qlkgmcgp said:
Apologies for bumping an old thread but just to clarify. Brake (OEM and aftermarket) kits designed to fit Clio 172/182s will all fit the Twingo 133?

I quite fancy something like this: https://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3604&appid=2
The discs would fit as they are 280mm clio fit discs... But the RS Twingo uses the same caliper as a Laguna, not a Clio. There may be differences between the piston area and also mounting bolt positions which could make the caliper incompatable.

I doubt these calipers will fit behind 7x15 ET43 Speedline 2118 or the cup alloys without adding spacers so the spokes clear the caliper... The standard caliper only has a pad on the outside of the disc, whereas the 4-pots have a piston and pad which needs more room

singlespeed":3t8pmheg said:
N0ddie":3t8pmheg said:
Apologies for bumping an old thread but just to clarify. Brake (OEM and aftermarket) kits designed to fit Clio 172/182s will all fit the Twingo 133?

I quite fancy something like this: https://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3604&appid=2
The discs would fit as they are 280mm clio fit discs... But the RS Twingo uses the same caliper as a Laguna, not a Clio. There may be differences between the piston area and also mounting bolt positions which could make the caliper incompatable.

I doubt these calipers will fit behind 7x15 ET43 Speedline 2118 or the cup alloys without adding spacers so the spokes clear the caliper... The standard caliper only has a pad on the outside of the disc, whereas the 4-pots have a piston and pad which needs more room

This was my biggest worry. Ah well!

A few of the Clio guys have them on their 2118 equipped cars so they obviously fit behind the wheels no problem. We just canny mount them without manufacturing brackets basically?

I did a bit of digging a while ago, when big disc conversions were being talked about. I think the 172/182 have 54m pistons whilst the RS133 has 57mm pistons, so the peddle travel and feel will be different to the Clios and probably different to the travel and feel you have now

Being radial mounted calipers, making a bracket with adifferent offset and position wouldn't be difficult if the piston volume works

Does anyone know if old clio mk2 coilovers with the 58mm spacing fit a twingo GT reading around on twingoOC and there are a few that say they do just want confirmation as they have much cheaper coilovers than "twingo" specific ones! And if i can spend £400 instead off £6-800 i would rather do so as i wouldnt track it anyway and would purely be for aesthetic reasons