Cup wheels' centre bore?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KamRS

Reaction score
I know the Cup wheels' PCD is 4x100, like (among others) VW. What about the centre bore? I.e. do VW wheels bolt straight on?

Renault center bore is 60.1mm and 4x100 Pitch Circle Diameter as you mention.

Standard Cup7x17 wheels offset is ET55

So with a set of hub centric rings we can access the wide offer of VAG wheels :) Good news!

KamRS":2u66iny2 said:
So with a set of hub centric rings we can access the wide offer of VAG wheels :) Good news!
Not realy :(
VAG center bore 57.1mm and General Motors being 56.7mm , so is smaller than the required 60.1mm. Also, the offset is normaly around ET35-38 so they are already the maximum you would want on an RS.

Adding hubentric spacers that reduce the center bore would probably make the offset too great.
One option would be machining the center bore out to 60.1 but that would be dependent on the wheel design if it was possible to do safely ;)

Ugh... as usual, I've mixed things around with the centre bore! Offset is not that much of a problem, considering 7x17 Cup wheels fit - was thinking in terms of narrower 15s for winter tyres, so any difference in offset might easily have been taken in by the diff in width.

Machining the centre bore... *shudders*