custom air box

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badman171

Reaction score
I was bored today so i made an air box out of fiberglass that can hold cone filters and also has a scoop that goes over the top of the radiator to the original scoop hole in the slam pannel, not finished yet but heres some photos

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

what do you think?

I'm not going to comment until it's finished, it looks too rough, and ATM even MORE restrictive.......

nice one. i know how much of a pain it is mate ;) hands down to ya if you had no mould to make that from.
for some reason i find working with carbon easier then fibreglass as i always get covered in the stuff :( and my fibreglass always ends up pink damn it!
would be nice if you could make an adapter for the oem air box to have panel taken off a piping bit that could attach to the box exit for a cone filter ;)

orbital":3doqn1ws said:
nice one. i know how much of a pain it is mate ;) hands down to ya if you had no mould to make that from.
for some reason i find working with carbon easier then fibreglass as i always get covered in the stuff :( and my fibreglass always ends up pink damn it!
would be nice if you could make an adapter for the oem air box to have panel taken off a piping bit that could attach to the box exit for a cone filter ;)

i made a mould out off polistiren, and used woven fiberglass a bit like carbon, my overalls are covered in fiberr lol, where did you get your carbon from and what do you mean by adoptor?

sort of attaching a 76mm pipe or piping in the air box that a cone filter could attach to, but can be screwed in/out if you want panel to do back in. you have to sit on the top half of the box, maybe a 45 bend piece, should be able to get a good 120x100cm cone in there.

www.carbonmods.com

i have cheapy halfords fibreglass but you a piece of kevlar inbetween 2 layers

getting the moulding kit is a good shout from them. make a mould from polistiren and its so much easier when applying the players and gets a super smooth outside finish. would love to get a vac bac for it . and white carbon is to die for!