Cutting out / Loss of power

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltimateGreen

Reaction score
Hey all, been a long time since I've posted on here.. been so busy with this and that.

Just wanted to try and get some information on this on-going issue I have with my 133.

Symptoms: - Occasional cutting out / stalling on idle
- Occasionally when building up revs I have the pedal in the full throttle position and then I get
a sudden 100% loss in power for like a second and then picks up again (So annoying).

It does all this at random times and for example when it does stall at a set of lights or at a junction it starts first time straight away.. its really weird.

I've had it in with Renault for service last year and they 'cleaned the throttle body' which didn't do anything and they checked for vacuum leak but could not find anything with it.

So yeah, pretty baffled.. I would guess that somewhere that a sensor is intermittent and faulty but I wouldn't know where to start looking?

If anyone has any thought then it would be appreciated!

There was a remap from renault to fix a "kangerooing" problem when you rev up the car, maybe someone else here can tell you if they had the same issue

Can always check that your scuttle panel isn't leaking onto the coil packs. If it is you'll notice the coil looks rusty (most likely the one on the left under the scuttle join)

There is an updated map which 1 or 2 people on the 133.net Facebook group have had/looked at getting and is £55 I think of the top of my head.

Well I've changed all four coil packs and the problem is still there.. Any ideas people? :roll:

Lambda sensor. Had the same problem twice, first time it was the coil packs and last time the Lambda sensor was faulty. Renault should have no trouble diagnosing that.

Wouldn't that bring up a fault code though? As I have no fault codes at all and no engine management light.

With mine it did have the spanner light on. The Renault dealership who did the readout found the problem pretty fast, the sensor gave a constant number instead of fluctuating.

When I had it in for service at Renault a while back they plugged it in and came up with an injector fault but they checked the injectors and they were fine.. They then cleaned the throttle body thinking that was what was wrong with it but it didn't change anything.

I had a friend of mine do the MOT on Saturday and he plugged it in with his own code reader and it didn't pick up any faults then..

Could an injector fault code on clip mean anything else apart from what is says?

After changing all four ignition coils (over £200 worth!!) and no change in the problem I recently changed the MAP sensor which seems to have done some good! I'll see how it runs over the next couple of weeks, fingers crossed!

Lambda sensor. Had the same problem twice, first time it was the coil packs and last time the Lambda sensor was faulty. Renault should have no trouble diagnosing that.
With mine it did have the spanner light on. The Renault dealership who did the readout found the problem pretty fast, the sensor gave a constant number instead of fluctuating.
Hi there u okay Forza I've got a Renault Twingo GT 1.2 Petrol 100 TCE Turbo, the thing is that I would get a picture of the spanner 🔧 n also the engine light flashing what can that be possible n also it keeps on cutting out so therefore please could u tell me what can it be

Hi members I need serious help with my Renault Twingo 2. Car stalls in warm weather sputters then dies off. Start up again and it's fine for like 1km then starts doing the same thing again.. cooler weather and night drives the car is perfectly fine. Diagnostics only picked up oxygen sensor fault which was done and problem still occurs. I recently changed the TDC sensor as well still no luck.. also when the car idles be it in cooler or warmer weather it picks up a rough idle after a minute or 2 idling then it's sputters rev bounces up and down like it wants to die off. I'm not sure what else to do now. I need some advise please. I'm from South Africa