D4FT service parts recommendations?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lgonzalez

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to give my car a service soon was wondering what recommendations you guys had regarding what brand of oil to use/not to use and information on what spark plugs are the best to use?

Want to keep my engine running sweetly and efficiently and as I don't know how or what was used on it prior to my ownership I'm thinking use the best parts and make sure I look after the engine

Many thanks

Use oem parts. I get all my stuff from Renault direct... Millers nano oil 5w40 is the best oil... But pricey... Otherwise u saw what oil I had.

Twingogeekeo":1uuhwjur said:
Give me a call 01252 343444 ;)
Ok cheers mate...is this an office number? If so who shall I ask for to he you might sound a bit funny if I ask if Twingeekeo is there lol

Jjay":22tfoe0e said:
Millers nano oil 5w40 is the best oil
Just read a review from fast car mag...they reckon compared to halfords it produced power gains?!....really? Is it that good?!! I'm not too convinced as they didn't put it up against any other premium oil....opinions please! :)

lgonzalez":1tp7hswe said:
Jjay":1tp7hswe said:
Millers nano oil 5w40 is the best oil
Just read a review from fast car mag...they reckon compared to halfords it produced power gains?!....really? Is it that good?!! I'm not too convinced as they didn't put it up against any other premium oil....opinions please! :)

Go on website nd read up. Whether it really does offer gains.. Don't know. But rumours have it it is the best about

in a really fast powerful car the gains will be there due to the efficiency of the oil. in a small 1.2 or a low powered car, the gains will be very minimal but then again, an oil change instantly gives you about 5-10% back in power that you lost as the oil degenerated over the time spent in the engine or something of the sorts. millers is great

Cool thanks for info. If I can afford the best may as well get the best keep everything running sweetly :)

for a 1.2Tce get the spark plugs recomended by renault, not anything else mentioned by parts suppliers who seem to think all 1.2 are the same

To JE... Sorry didn't call earlier was so tied up with work. I'll be in contact when I can/have money lol

Genuine renault plugs (www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk sell them)

if on a budget get the proper 5w40 ELF oil (available from any renault dealer or www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk), if moneys no object then millers nanotech, the gains are genuine, few of my mates are all running it now after much doubt to begin with!

cabin filter, oil filter and sump washer either from your local motor factors to save a few bob or renault

air filter, im very impressed by K-Tec's pannel filters, plus lifetime warranty on them, but the usual pipercross/ITG/K&N pannel filters are good, last time i checked pipercross were coming out on top on the rolling road tests.

if its 5yrs old then timing belt kit, aux belt kit and waterpump will be due (cheaper from a motor factors for the belt kits but make sure its one of the better make ones, id stick to Gates or Dayco, i usually go Genuine renault for waterpump but the OE replacement ones may be ok)

Thanks Martin, that's great! As far as air filter goes I have a k&n 57i cone on mine just need to figure out a way to get the cold air feed in there lol. I'll give various people a call at some point and get some quotes so I know how much I've got to save from my next months wages lol

Hmm...need to check my car documents to see if my timing belt has been done already before I got the at at the start of the year, I can't remember 'doh!

lgonzalez":3hjg260m said:
Hmm...need to check my car documents to see if my timing belt has been done already before I got the at at the start of the year, I can't remember 'doh!

I have my belts to be done next year.

i'm sorry, but it's a clio tce we're not talking performance by any means. renault elf oil, has the same additives as the millers. as does the renault motrio oil. if we were talking about a 300 horse performance car, deffinately go with millers. no need for it on a twingo or a tce!