Damaged alloy. Any refurb recommendations in London/Essex?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanK

Reaction score
Despite being incredibly careful of my 17" black alloys on my Black 133 Cup, I had a nightmare last week bombing around in the Lake District. Just didn't see the stone/rock on the road that had fallen out of the drystone wall and hit it at speed. The noise was horrific and I knew as soon as I heard it the news was bad. Sure enough, a nasty looking gash in the tyre (worse than it looks and I can live with that as they will eventually get changed in time) but a chunk out of the rim. Still runs fine but painful to look at and think about.

Back home on the London/Essex border I've been quoted £256.28 by Renault for a new wheel plus fitting. Can anyone recommend a decent place local to me to take the wheel to get it refurbed as an alternative to suffering at Renault's hands?

Apologies if there is an answer out there for this already but my quick search through the threads didn't throw up an immediate answer.

Gave it to Renault Retail, who I have to say did a top job in the end. Despite a delay in getting the wheel back because they were not happy with the original re-spray, when it did make it back I genuinely cannot locate where repair work has been done. Happy as Larry now the motor is back in pristine condition.