dbilas

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

german company whom make very good yet expensive induction/inlet manifolds.

browsing their sute as i cant sleep and remember old man telling me once they did an inlet system for old k4m engines when i found this;

09.020.440 / 1 ( part number for their flowmaster series)
Twingo 1,6 16V
220.00 ( price in euros, ouch!)

drop them an e-mail so to see some pics and details as i havent seen this last year i looked and seemed to come under the radar. i like the stuff they've done with VXR series.

maybe along the lines of this;
https://www.dbilas-dynamic.de/img/db01020410.jpg

also their manifolds for k4m;
09.030.001A part no.
1199.00 euro price
this version stated to give 14/20hp increase with remaap

cheaper version 7/10 hp increase at 952 euros

taken off cliosport wedsite, first time i seen it and looks very tempting
https://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?223768-Intake-manifold-K4M
looks like it keep the lower mani with fueling etc which is helpful
but with a pinch of salt, these where made with the 700 series so attaching the fly by wire throttle may take some thinking

or they sell twin 40mm throttle bodies for 200 quid, 400 for two and with a little custom work could be carried out like the one above mounting onto the lower manifold, curve back on its self and dont have to fiddle around with fueling lines, just sort out the throttle cables, again tempting.

hope this helps any one in any way. must gooo sleeeeep

whilst im on their site, the GT engine is D4F-B7 1.2 16v right??? also used in clio and kangoo

they seem to do a set of cams for it;

use; road. Peak Timing; 112. Valve Lift; 10,4. 169 euros not sure if it sounds like stock replacement

I had a dbilas flowmaster on my old corsa...it was awesome

What...you wanna know what filter they use?

It's a K&N one...no jokes....

is that the part for the twingo then?

A mate of mine also has a flowmaster on his corsa and another has some manifold from them.

They rate it all very well but it's not cheap stuff :(/

im double checking the mountings with them, as the older k4m were cable throttle so making sure that there is the right holes to mount in the 133 throttle
(but im guessing it shouldnt be to hard for a metal work place to knock up a mounting brace adapter)
also checking what the induction kit takes, panel or cone etc

hope this helps, and they seem a really friendly company

really eyeing up their 40mm throttle bodies, if keeping the lower manifold, could knock up ITB system for 600 odd. wouldnt be a direct throttle body system but still should prove some gain and with long tunnels keep some lower end torque

Yh nice one Orb,

they are a spot on company, very nice when i was talking to them about my corsa flowmaster.

how did you find it?
im liking the idea of it just replacing the top mani and dont have to mess with the bottem fueling part.
keen to see the cheap one, guessing that just has a slightly more restrictive channel size. i clio guy got 30bhp increase with a system like this, exhaust upgrade and cams for the older k4m series (cams are just slightly higher then 133 stock) hitting 140bhp. would be interesting to see this with catcams 133 cams and catback system mapped out. 30bhp increase on 130 would be a sweet number. guessing going ITB could add another 20.

drop oliver a line about the dbilas manifold. I remember reading a nice article about a megane with it fitted that didn't gain any power at all. for 1300€ a no-go ;)

i recal oli's megane/k4m cross breed manifold which looked cool.
thats a thing, not sure how it'll react with a stock 133 let alone one that has been modifed.
is the rule, the longer the manifold the better lower down torque with shorter giving better high end torque gains?

having to wait for a TOC member have a stage 2 remap from Ktec, which will have the inlet manifold ported as its much like the 1*2's needing it.
think i'll be getting there throttle bodies but couldnt harm to ask if they can ship on over for a trail. :)

That inlet manifold looks horrid! Would much rather keep the standard inlet even if it means less power lol.

Matt":36626o92 said:
That inlet manifold looks horrid! Would much rather keep the standard inlet even if it means less power lol.

who looks under the hood when you driving. hehe. but true, it does look like the child whos extremely good at football but you just dont want him in your team as he smells. :D

will drop them a mail sometime, looks like they do good stuff, only problem with twingos are they're so small. would love to have direct-toohead itb but they'd be eating the Rad and Bumpper :(

"Hello,
the manifold is only for the older K4M engines.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / Best regards,

dbilas dynamic"

oh well, but for same kind of money or cheaper could have custom made ITB;
https://atpowershop.co.uk/catalog/4cyl-inline-assembly-p-183.html
https://atpowershop.co.uk/catalog/popup_add_image.php?imagesID=353
(custom gasket piece)
is there a gasket piece between the lower inlet manifold and engine block? stats they need profile of manifold to make the ITB-Engine gasket mount. cheapest lower inlet i seen on net was about 70 odd quid :(

How would they mount it?
Vertical through the bonnet like the Yellow Mk1 on ITBs that was in FCS, or diagonal to run with what the standard inlet does??

M