dbilas

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with their gasket system, the throttles go straigh to that and that straigh to engine, unlike ktecs, or jenvy ones which has a small inlet manifold between the throttle bodies and engine block.
so this would save about 4-6cm. the throttle bodies tubing can have an even shorter extension pipe at 4cm but need expensive fuel injectors for that so 7cm in shortest for standard injectors and smallest trumpets are 4cm. total overal length would around 14 cm which is very short for throttle bodies and shorter then one on the k4m twingo1 at FCS. might just make it but dont think you'd get an airbox on their. could run it without trumpets but that effects outcome. to combat the shortness of the ITB the design can be tapered so greater ram effect takes place.
i believe the shorter the trumpets/extension the lower the overal torque but comes in quicker and higher then long systems. Much like 4-1 vs 4-2-1 systems, have their pro's and con's.
tempted to go with them soon-ish as soon as i get my damn insurence claim, more expensive to have it tailored made but least an inlet manifold wouldnt be needed or a metal shop to do a gasket and it'll be on file so they can make them again without having to require manifold details all over again. mass produced itb designed for 133.
only problem is they need layout of manifold mounting, best if they could actually have manifold.

I meant from PFC but you know which one I'm talking about =P

I didn't think there was too much room AT ALL to play with for the inlet, slampanel/rad etc getting well and truly in the way. ITB's would be a lovely thing to have but I think I'll wait until someone else gets it done to theirs, so all the development "bumps" would be ironed out....

Though, I do wonder if the Clio S1600 inlet kit would fit with little fettling...*dreams*

M

s1600 kit is even bigger.
the extension pipe could be cut done even shorter but lose some gains etc. i think once the ecu is done i'll actually drop the car there and then it would be designed for the 133 not just around it. But there is a change it would be right bang next to rad, when a stand still it will be warm air central but driving should be fine, just have to get 48mm bodies ;)
future plans would be a small superchager afterwards anyways, would equal out problems of short trumpets, plus since superchagers work on the powerband and drivetrain for instant power, they wouldnt be wasted like a turbo/ITB combo as the turbo lag kills the gains from instant throttle response of ITB.
still think ktec and tuning companies should look into supercharging the 133 instead of turboing it.

again thinking of easiness for 133's might take up ktec on talk we had about getting the gen90 to be meshed with the twingo. after that i it be able to buy without being a custom job since looms and base map could be taken.

+1 on the Supercharged idea...BIGTIME.

Even been looking into the HKS "Universal" GT supercharger kit, you need to make up the brackets, intake pipes etc though. It wouldn't be easy...

Centrifugal Supercharger kit would be lovely but being the Twingo, there's feck all engine space...youi'd have to shift the washer bottle I think.

M

once that goes and not running aircon it should be great, of twin scroll across the top but you'd have to lose the top part of the manifold.

wanted to go for non charged route first to get use to driving with slightly more power, once i've gotten as good as i'll get with that power. bump up to charged :D

word from ktec, clio LSD can be made to fit the 133. very labour intense job though :( just a shame they didnt give the same steering/suspension set up as the 200/250

Any more info on the induction kit? We thinking it replaces the stock scoop? Think I'll deffo be interested in this..

should use a panel like the rest of there systems, all seems to base on 2 sizes. or an extremely small cone which i can see happening

orbital":3fvo2n9d said:
https://www.dbilas-shop.com/Products/FlowMasterKit/Renault/Twingo/::33.html?XTCsid=01b6f893b64398dd0713a0f17d155629
does replace scoop but not sure how its attached. only picture they have
I tried to search some information about thi airbox....
and i found that you could mount it with the standard scoop, there's a panel filter inside it.... and it cost a lot!! in italy is around 250euros....

but i can't understand if, thi filter may be better that CDA/OTA bmc product....