Decat and exhaust without a remap will it drive rough ???

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash331

Reaction score
Hi there I have just got myself a renualt twingo gt and I was wandering if decating my car and fitting a stright through would make my car run rough as I have heard the cars brain gets confused at the waste exiting quicker than it should and it needs a remap. I will remap it soon just i cant afford it all at once so i want to mod it before the remap. dose any one know if this is true and any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks guys

If i was u mate, id get the decat, exhaust, injectors and air filter but dont fit them and buy them bit by bit.

Then when you can afford the remap, have them all fitted together. That way the car will get the most gains and u wont have to have another remap every time you fit something different

We now have our KTR decat pipe available to fit all Twingo GT and Clio TCE 1.2 16v turbo engines. This decat pipe is made from mandrel bent stainless steel and is a direct replacement for the original restrictive catalytic converter.

Testing on the dyno has showed gains of over 10bhp at the top end of the rev range along with good gains in power and torque across the rev range. Our test car was also remapped and recorded 136bp with the decat pipe fitted.

This decat is available with the genuine Renault fitting kit as pictured. It is also available to buy without the fitting kit should you wish to use your original fittings. Please see the drop down menu for the different prices.

Ideally we would recommend a remap once the decat pipe has been fitted and please note that removing the catalytic converter from your car could allow the car to fail an emissions test.

Like Davey said, buy them bits by bits and do it all at once.

Thanks pal that's what I wanted to do just I want some noise for abit lol what's a good thing to do for a bit of exhaust noise ??

Bones":306rgw6c said:

Pretty much haha
Or get yourself a mushroom filter or an enclosed induction kit they sound fierce (not exactly exhaust noise but noisy none the less haha)

LCplParks":1dh98c8n said:
Bones":1dh98c8n said:

Pretty much haha
Or get yourself a mushroom filter or an enclosed induction kit they sound fierce (not exactly exhaust noise but noisy none the less haha)
I found my induction kit didn't make roary noise due to turbo application just enhanced the sound of the turbo sucking in air ;-)

Induction kit on a n/a though....lots of induction roar!!!

Seriously though if you want pure noise cheapishly get rid of the silencer(s) (don't know how many you have my clio had 2) and strap an open induction kit on it :) some people on here have witnessed how loud mine is and that's just from cutting the silencers out and putting straight pipe in it's place (cheap and cheerful)

Linky to vid...just have to try ignore the noise of the fans but gives you an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhwqagWHm3g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks for all your input guys I have managed to get myself a stainless straight through and that sounds amazing I am still trying to get hold of a decat but dose anyone know how easy they are to fit. Plus what are the best panel filters for it and where to get them from cheers guys.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369045219.220010.jpg

This is the back shot of the car and exhaust :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369045231.287093.jpg

Get a BMC panel filter, and Martin will be selling a decat soon enough or get one new from K-Tec. They're not easy to fit at all, you can either do it like Martin did and struggle or you can remove the drive shafts to make it a little easier. But either way it's going to take you a while.

Do you know where the cheapest place is for that and do you know how much your pal wants for the decat ?? Taa

Ash331":phuxgli2 said:
Do you know where the cheapest place is for that and do you know how much your pal wants for the decat ?? Taa

KAM racing for panel filter and go to k tec and buy their decat for them to fit and then remap at the same time, easier that way

Decat + Remap from K-Tec will set you back about £500 but it'll be the best £500 you've ever spent lol. No idea how much he wants for it, PM him :) Martin_172