Depression

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JE_GT

Reaction score
I know this is quite a sensitive subject but I was wondering if anyone on here has ever suffered from depression?

I've just done a few online tests after someone suggested it to me and they came back saying I am in the moderately depressed category.. makes sense seeing I haven't really been feeling normal or cheery in a while..

I might give them a call shortly to be honest, been speaking to my boss about it as he's been going through it for the last 2 years.

My mum works in a psychiatric outpatient clinic and regularly has to deal with people who suffer from manic depression. She often tells me that you'd never be able to tell that someone is depressed, as them not being very "cheery" isn't always a symptom of it, she will happily have a conversation with someone who suffers from it and they'll seem perfectly fine.

I'm the same, I haven't been too cheery either. In fact, I'm probably one of the grumpiest I've ever been recently and I just disapprove of absolutely everything. I have no motivation whatsoever and all I want to do is sleep, however I've never once thought I was depressed.

If you are concerned about it though I guess it wouldn't hurt to see your doctor.

My dad had a break down in October over stuff that happened when he was younger.

Don't tell the doctor you wanna kill yourself or your get sectioned under the mental health act

I used to feel like this for a while but then made a few mental changed to always give my self goals in life challenging but achievable , also to look after health and always to think positive change negatives to positives sounds really stupid but what really made me see to change the negs to positives was that rob dydrek on his fantasy factory show ... Anything bad he just switched it you'd have to see I just think like that and it works yea I still get stressed but not sad ...

Yeah I was pretty depressed for about a year and a half. It's such a rubbish thing to go through as not only do you spend more time on your own worrying about everything and nothing. You also neglect your friends and family around you.

I went to the doctors a few times and I refused to go on to "happy pills" as I know some of the side effects could be more risky than my mild depression.

I found forcing myself to go out with friends really helped as you sort of mirror their emotions when your around them. I also really got into running, body weight exercise and eating healthily

Also if you don't have a normal time you go to sleep and go whenever that can really affect your mood.

I hope that helps you in some way :) sometimes you just work your way out if these things over time

Well I've made an appointment to talk with my Doctor. I'm not really keen on the idea of Anti Depressants as I don't really want it on my medical record :/

Can't really help but I what I will say is you need to find the cause of your depression, then you can work towards resolving it.

Hey mate. If you ever want to talk just drop me a message. I know what you're going through. I have some extremely low and depressive points. I have learnt to live with it which isn't always easy but I am always willing to help others in the same boat