difference between normal 133 and cup 133

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al":275kj7xv said:
Alex_225":275kj7xv said:
As I think I said above, it's more about saving yourself some cash but getting the same driving fun.

That is exactly Renault's focus and point. Relatively (R26.R excluded) all RS's "Cup" models have very little different weight wise as a % to their "FF" brothers. The point to was to get similar thrills for less money. The 200 of course, taking this a step further by altering the suspension set ups where as the 133 is the same (when optioned of course).

I think in some ways Renault are good at making the the RenaultSport range accessible. And the Cup versions are testament to that.

Like you say though, the performance difference is marginal, even less so in real road conditions.

I used to have a Clio 172, was a 'full fat' yet an ex of mine had a Clio 182 Cup so no leather, no xenons etc. It had slightly wider wheels but felt very bare inside. The difference between the 182 full fat and Cup versions was far bigger than the Twingo versions. Performance wise it was hardly noticeable though and that was between a 172 and 182 as well.

Unless it's seriously stripped out lik the R26.R, a 10kg difference is practically the difference between having a big sh!t before you go out for a drive! :lol:

Online performance calulators are notoriously inaccurate! They work on the simple assumption that Force = Mass x Acceleration, so acceleration is simply Mass of the car divided by its BHP [minus a nominal value for mechanical losses] which in a lab or a vacuum is correct, in the real world there are many other parameters such as weather, tyres, driver, drag co-efficient and actual mechanical losses such as traction and the drivetrain. Id guess the Twingo would need near to 170/180bhp to break 7s

The aircon would ony be a few KGs it was 14g in teh EP3 Civic Type R aircon = 1204KG
Non aircon = 1190KG

Al":2ed8tc8q said:
TURBO":2ed8tc8q said:
alot of people who "like" cars get obessed with chasing power and spend mad amounts of cash but dont have a clue on how to make a car go faster!!!

Ahem to that - hence why I've left my engine standard and removed 10% of the cars weight ;)

And wil improve the handling a loadtoo

im confused about what my car is now, lol. sorry if im going off topic etc but it seems appropriate for what people are talking about, i was told mine was a none cup but it came with the cup wheels out of the factory and a few of u on sunday said that cant be done? mine has 2 seperate rear seats, air con and auto everything so it must be a none cup then?

if so, can i cup spec my chassis as bolt ons or is it better just to go for aftermarket coilovers etc? if 10kg is the only weight difference then it cant be that difficult to get that back surely?

with regards to 0-60 times, in real life theres going to be nothing in it because there are too many varying factors such as driver reaction time, road / weather conditions and all that jazz

If you haven't 'cupped' your chassis it would be cheaper to whack after market stuff on and get and (dare I say it) get a "better" chassis than out of the box. As for Cup alloys they're 17's available in Black (only if running the Black and White pack IIRC) and grey, it looks like you've got them.

There things like the resonator removed that doesn't meant owt if you're running a CAI system.

Daveyb133":3d7d0bw7 said:
im confused about what my car is now, lol. sorry if im going off topic etc but it seems appropriate for what people are talking about, i was told mine was a none cup but it came with the cup wheels out of the factory and a few of u on sunday said that cant be done? mine has 2 seperate rear seats, air con and auto everything so it must be a none cup then?

if so, can i cup spec my chassis as bolt ons or is it better just to go for aftermarket coilovers etc? if 10kg is the only weight difference then it cant be that difficult to get that back surely?

with regards to 0-60 times, in real life theres going to be nothing in it because there are too many varying factors such as driver reaction time, road / weather conditions and all that jazz

You can get the cup pack added as an optional extra for the RS. If it has the wheels then it should be a cup.

When driving round town does it hop/skip/grumble and crash over poor roads/bumps? Phone up RUK they would know for sure, it should have a slightly wider track

its a shame they dont brand R1 a bit more in dealerships or their select few rensport dealers. i would of gone for that had i known and if they start doing them in right hand drive.
then you've got a true range of, normal going car, fun track day, race car that i could actually drive to the track including hill starts if needed, cant really see an 133.R coming out with R1 in the mix, just should be easier to get a hold of one :)