Diffuser & Spoiler Declaration?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay4

Reaction score
According to my insurance company I have to declare the RS Spoiler and Diffuser? Is this correct and is anyone else in the same position?

Jay4":2iq9cj9s said:
According to my insurance company I have to declare the RS Spoiler and Diffuser? Is this correct and is anyone else in the same position?

yes mate u do, and every optional extra on the car :(

Sure do if you have a crash they can but the original one back on or worse not payout

Just wanted to check as it was a Renault product, didn't know if it was classed as standard or not :)

i guess its coz its not really a standard part, its technically a modification even if it is an oem one.

better to be safe than sorry and declare it, least u know its gonna put back on again :)

Krap forgot im not with adrian flux anymore..coukd make life difficult in future...

decbolton":12gmot29 said:
i declared my stickers just to be safe....
Bit ott I think.

Any optional extras when purchasing a car should be declared really as the insurance company might get stingy and say it wasn't declared so not going to replace them. Best declaring just in case but you'll find it hard to damage the spoiler lol.

It's dependant on insurance company too for eg the company I work for if u had it added at time of manufacture it's not classed as a mod, yet others will say it will

You have to tell them about the stickers sadly I had to tell them bout my stripes and it's put under exterior decorative changes cos in the eyes of some my Dynamique twingo may be more steal able and look like a faster car then standard due to mods I've done, I declared my spacers and wheels, diffuser, spoiler etc. didn't push it up by much just easier to tell them

I know that for Quinn it wont increase premiums as it doesn't increase performance.

Now time for the RS exhaust, spoiler and diffuser ;)