Dished wheels on a twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rezus17

Reaction score
Bought these because I fancied a set of dished wheels on the twingo. They are et20 and 8j wide. I know they are not to everyones taste but just thought I'd show a different style than the norm on here. Just ordered spigot rings and some new locking wheels bolts as the standard ones don't fit in the bolt holes.

sits nice, not too low but not so high that it makes dished shoes look silly. that'll be around the equivelant of GT wheels with a 35mm spacer, looks sweet. cant help but think that the silver looks a tiny bit out of place, would look meaty with the silver trim still on it but doesn't look bad at all!

LC":3lqngxin said:
Not a fan

i like it man, what i hate about dished wheels is when folk put a billion degree of camber and stretched tyres onto them. what that says to me is that i want scary light steering on wet british roads, and i wan't no grip because my wheels are already too small and with the camber i thought it might be fun to reduce my contact area even more. i like that the silly camber and stretch has been avoided. makes for a much better handling car, bigger contact area / wider track!

Love it, they suit the car well. I have thought about getting something like these for mine but can't find any I think would look good on it

Not a fan but that might be because of the odd colours going on lol, yellow fogs, orange GT sticker and a polished lip just doesn't match in my eyes.

Think it would look a lot better having a silver renault badge, normal fogs and silver GT sticker IMO

The thing that always bugged me about non RS twingos is that the wheels sit so far in the arch. I used to have 25mm spacers with RS wheels but just didnt feel too comfortable pushing the car, despite knowing that they were safe. I like euro style cars anyway so thought I'd give dishes a bash :)

oscar":1u4nhxa6 said:
sits nice, not too low but not so high that it makes dished shoes look silly. that'll be around the equivelant of GT wheels with a 35mm spacer, looks sweet. cant help but think that the silver looks a tiny bit out of place, would look meaty with the silver trim still on it but doesn't look bad at all!

Cheers, once I get them on I might see about peeling the vinyl off.

MovingShadow":1u4nhxa6 said:
MOAR LOW! :p

I have coilovers in the garage but 1. Insurance arent having it, 2. The bumps and holes in Aberdeens roads are horrendous and 3. It looks pretty perfect just now :) If not for the first two it'd be getting lowered another 20-30mm. Shame :(

oscar":1u4nhxa6 said:
LC":1u4nhxa6 said:
Not a fan

i like it man, what i hate about dished wheels is when folk put a billion degree of camber and stretched tyres onto them. what that says to me is that i want scary light steering on wet british roads, and i wan't no grip because my wheels are already too small and with the camber i thought it might be fun to reduce my contact area even more. i like that the silly camber and stretch has been avoided. makes for a much better handling car, bigger contact area / wider track!

Im with you there. I hate seeing ridiculous camber on cars, especially little light hatchbacks. Dont even want to know how they handle :shock: With these my wheels are sticking right out as far as they can go, and the tyres are wider with admittedly a slight stretch, but nothing insane. The thing should stick like s*** to a blanket once they are on!

Friedchicken91":1u4nhxa6 said:
Love it, they suit the car well. I have thought about getting something like these for mine but can't find any I think would look good on it

They are Dare DR-b's. Wasnt looking for anything specific, just something I liked. Got them for £240 with practically new tyres :D

They look schweet! Always loved a good dish..... Would look better with MOAR LOWZ though. Like Dave said though, none of this stance nonsense. That's for RWD Jap stuff.......

AS_BO":27bh7v3o said:
They look schweet! Always loved a good dish..... Would look better with MOAR LOWZ though. Like Dave said though, none of this stance nonsense. That's for RWD Jap stuff.......

Cheers :) If only :( Im thinking about a laguna splitter to make the front look a bitty lower. I'm not interested in stance on a fwd car, seems silly. Just wanted the width!

The wheels were anthracite before, so thats why everything is black (and orange gt logos). Only put the tint on the other day to see how it looked. Ill be taking off all the carbon once the wheels are on. Then either leaving it be or wrapping it gloss black (I have a lot of vinyl haha). Should look a lot cleaner!

Should look a lot cleaner!
It will probably work well with less distractions. There fussy wheels, so need a simpler angle to the rest of the car. Just my opinion ;)

Got the centercaps cleaned up. Was going to remove the borbet stickers, as they are reps, but I wouldnt have been able to get them off without scratching the plastic underneath. They were filthy and the borbet stickers were covered in salt and grime. Will leave them on for the moment, see if I grow on them.

They all looked like the dirty one here when I got them

Some decent pics of them on. Due to them not being staggered the rear wheels could really do with spacers to push them out a bit but not really too bothered as it isnt too low. would look silly without them if I went lower. It would look a bit better with the rear a bit lower too but it actually sits a bit lower with new wheels on and that just allows me to get over speed bumps without scraping so i'm keeping it sensible :). The only thing I dont like about them is that I seem to have attracted a lot of neds in corsa's trying to race me :|

you're deffinately scottish Rezus17. you said ned, instead of chav. buncha wee dobbers! :p happens to me a lot too mate, but what can you do with folk like that! lol