Display colour

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had blue in my first smart and it was a ***** to read and also it had hot spots of light

The Twingo Mk 2 doesn't use these type of twist in LEDs.

It used Micro LEDs Soldered onto the PCB I'm afraid = pull dash out and replace LEDs and Re-solder :(

Is there a way of changing the colour behind the rev speedo? I don't know what colour but orange is my fav. I was thinking a renaultsport yellow maybe. Anyone done this/knows how?

Id like blue, too much effort to change tho.

And who needs to read it! lol :lol: It would just look nice. Ha ha

Thursto133":1vo3wtnk said:
Is there a way of changing the colour behind the rev speedo? I don't know what colour but orange is my fav. I was thinking a renaultsport yellow maybe. Anyone done this/knows how?
As Matt mentioned above. If your good with a soldering iron and are used to soldering PCB's, to unmount and solder in new SMLED in a new colour, should be fairly simple.

singlespeed":358w4cr9 said:
Thursto133":358w4cr9 said:
As Matt mentioned above. If your good with a soldering iron and are used to soldering PCB's, to unmount and solder in new SMLED in a new colour, should be fairly simple.
Well you make that sound simple, que someone complaining you caused them to blow up all there electrics

Friedchicken91":1atb4oxx said:
singlespeed":1atb4oxx said:
Thursto133":1atb4oxx said:
Well you make that sound simple, que someone complaining you caused them to blow up all there electrics
haha. I'm ok with a soldering iron, as we often need to repair cable connections at work...

However, mounting components on a Printed Circuit Board needs a steady hand, a decent iron for the job and some skill. Without which, you could probably make the neat joints look like one big blob joining all the tracks and write off the board (which means a new assembly).

IMO, a good few hours practice with some parts from Maplins or displays from a scrapyard should be a minimum before attempting it ;)

I've have done this to my dash and it is not easy and I don't think it work that well il get a pic up