do you think 2 years is to long for 1st service

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taztwingo

Reaction score
my twingo is 1 year old now its on the 4+ deal so did think it will cover services when it says free servicing for 4 years

but with the twingo been every 2 years you have to pay for a intrim service they recommend if not have to wate till 2 years or 12000 miles for free one which i think is a long time for a new car .

Taz is it you that posted on the RS forum? My RS133 is on order and they said it would only include 2 services but that's down to the fact that I don't do many miles, wouldn't even get to 12000mls in two year, however I still think its worth an interim oil change to keep the oil fresh, wouldn't cost too much.

I would just pay that, it's not a lot in the great scheme of things. I've been doing the same thing with the RS250, it was £125 last year and £155 this year, again low miles as I've only done 6600mls since new.

I had the same worry about my Twingo as its now a year old, I got the oil and filter changed at my local trustworthy garage with the Elf oil and OEM filter for 80 quid. Worth it for me to keep the oil fresh.

Yes. Renault think so too - I only noticed last night while digging out all the docs that they "recommend" an "optional" interim service for low-mileage owners.

At start-up mine was showing the service and traction lights in the run-up to and immediately after my 2 year service; it became less frequent and stopped again over the next few hundred miles.

BikNorton":221d3dse said:
Yes. Renault think so too - I only noticed last night while digging out all the docs that they "recommend" an "optional" interim service for low-mileage owners.
'Course they do - it's a money-making exercise for Renault.

Totally pointless unless you're going to keep the car forever. If you're going to run it for, say 3-4 years then trade it in, all you're doing is a favour for the next-but-one owner.

Personally it depends on how many miles your car is doing in that time.

With my Mrs car old 133, she did 7k in the first year so we had hers serviced after a year. Also I think with a new car/new engine it's good to get the oil changed within a year regardless of mileage.

I had my Gordini serviced after a year and I've left it 2 years for the second as it's coming up for 3 years old in August but it's only just coming up for 1,200 miles now.