Dodgy Ebay Add

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flux

Reaction score
Hi,

First off i'm not trying to sell here, but thought other members might find this amusing. I saw an ebay add for a twingo 133 and it was claiming an amazing £99 road tax and 49+ MPG which i though was quite impressive for a 133. My GT does less and costs more to tax.

So i sent the seller a message and asked them why their Twingo was cheaper to tax than the normal 133 and suggested they'd accidentally put up the fuel consumption figure for the GT instead of the 133. It was a one line of text question.

This was the response...

<admin, is it ok to post the ebay link???>

------

Dear Mr Richard Head,

It would appear that you have blatantly chosen to ignore the section in my advert that strictly forbids contact from 'timewasters' - I feel justified in classifying you into that category as you have sought to ask questions whilst having no interest in the purchase of the car.....I can only infer from the intonation and rhetorical nature of your message that you are simply 'seeking an argument' - such an action as might be common place amongst the type of people whom society often characterise as 'Huge Male Hens' :)

Regardless - you will see that I am nothing if not polite so I shall take a moment to answer your questions before bidding you farewell;

1. The official Fuel Consumption Figures for this car (Renaultsport 133) show 49.6 MPG Extra Urban. My advert CLEARLY states that this car is capable of UPTO 49+ MPG which officially it is!

2. You ask how I can tax this car for £99.00....quite simply that is the cost of SIX MONTHS road tax for VED band G....I never once said nor intimated that £99.00 was for a year did I???? I said it is £99.00 to tax :) :) (The last UGOV survey carried out before 1st October 2014 showed that 78.6% of the population purchased road tax for SIX MONTHS and NOT TWELVE - as the MAJORITY of people pay for their tax six monthly I feel it is my obligation to inform them as to the cost for six months.....very fair wouldn't you agree????????)

Nonetheless....as you already know and as I already pointed out; you have nor had nay interest in buying this car.....please feel free to now go and waste someone else's time.

Many Kindest Regards

Gaynor

That's a guy called Luke Taylor's car, he was selling it on Facebook for £2500 she's obviously brought it to sell on, I've brought a car from her she was a horrible woman but the car was okay aside from the blatant cover ups on it.

That's a guy called Luke Taylor's car, he was selling it on Facebook for £2500 she's obviously brought it to sell on, I've brought a car from her she was a horrible woman but the car was okay aside from the blatant cover ups on it.

She is also a business trader and not a private seller and should be paying vat

I've got her to amend the add slightly , but she's used the tiniest font possible to say its only for six months. Seems to have a bit of a bee in her bonnet about people questioning how she advertises things...

It does say underneath £99 for sixth months tax and 49.6mpg extra urban. She might of changed it after you messaged her about it. Still dodgy and someone who didn't do their research would have a surprise if they bought it.

Yes, she's just changed it...

Dear Mr Head,

I have, as requested and with the expectation of a full and frank admission that you are 'wrong', amended the advert in the manner that you have suggested.

I do sincerely hope that this now suits you sensibilities and will cause you no further consternation or angst.

May I ask though; As it is very clear you had nor have any interest in the purchase of this car why did you see fit to write to me? Personally I can't imagine ever writing to someone about something of which I had no personal interest? As an example I just saw an advert for a Dress which is described as 'A delightful piece of summer apparel - designed to compliment the natural beauty of its wearer' - to be honest it looks like a hessian sack and certainly doesn't conform to the description either in essence or aspiration......should I do as you have done, don my 'Mr Head' Hi-Vis Jacket and write to them complaining in the staunchest terms possible that their 'delightful piece of summer attire' is indeed more closely representative of the roughly hewn clothes once worn in the Victorian workhouses of the 19th Century!

Are you some kind of self appointed 'internet advert police' and if so how do you come to be in that position? Do you have a badge and a uniform or is it simply the case that events have conspired against you throughout you life leaving you with 'nothing better to do'? I don't know how old you are so you may not remember 'Mary Whitehouse' - if not then you should look her up as your actions are very reminiscent of her tirade against the media through the mid 60's to the late 80's - basically if you don't like something on the TV then turn over the channel and if you don't like a product or the way it is advertised then simply don't buy it.....no need to go any further :)

Many Kindest Regards

Gaynor

She certainly likes the term 'absolutely'. What a long winded advert that is.

Sounds like a self righteous twat if I'm honest... She's misleading people if the way she writes

Technically everything she's saying about the car is correct but on a moral/ethical point she's the kind of person that gives traders bad names.