does the GT have an intercooler as standard?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig92

Reaction score
I was cleaning my car today and noticed that behind the front grill placed further back than i have seen on any other GT that has an intercooler added to them was a smaller and not stainless steel intercooler. Is this standard as i didn't think it was but it probably is and my car has had a previous owner.

another quick question. how do i take the front bumper off to clean it haha as its pretty dirty and covered in dust and leaves etc.

I do believe that this will be a radiator found just behind the plastic grill!

Erm mine looks like this....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349127589.507839.jpg

waitey":2tknl3j5 said:
All turbo cars have an intercooler as standard iirc the GT has one in a shitty place beside the radiator?
I've always assumed it was, but are the louver vents in the left hand wheel arch the outlets from the intercooler area?

That's what I thought single but yea they Definatly have one but no not all turbo cars have one

Radiator is behind the front Grille, intercooler is infront of the front left wheel arch behind the bumper, pretty stupid place seeing it doesn't get any direct air flow

ah right i see. cheers.
would buying an upgraded intercooler make alot of difference?

craig92":1an2s73p said:
ah right i see. cheers.
would buying an upgraded intercooler make alot of difference?
that would depend if the original was becoming heat soaked under sustained boost or the flow through it was limiting the airflow.

Going for a super sized fmic would allow it to handle the heat and flow, however the increase in volume may be noticable when going from off boost and the compressor is trying to pressurise a bigger volume

Also, not all cores flow the same amount of air through them or have the same surface area to exchange the heat, so its not just about size.

I might get one in the next couple of month but does it affect the radiator with the intercooler being put infront of it?

well it looks good when you take the plastic mesh off the front and you have a nice shiny intercooler :)

mare6.jpg

Looks a little ott but obv would look different with the number plate bar thing as well

just thought that if you took the mesh off then something flicked up off the road it could damage the intercooler so i would replace it with better looking mesh and wow that intercooler is insane haha