Don't buy a Dump Valve!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prabmire

Reaction score
I just removed my aftermarket bov and refitted the bosch unit without the recirc pipe attached, not only does it not vent, but it makes a better whoosh TISH then aftermarket ones:

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

Prab

Sounds better and it doesnt vent think its a bit louder then the bov was, removed my manual boost controller going to run it via actuator piping, Karl could you check on dialogys if the actuator pipe is the one close to the BOV vacuum pipe on the intake mani if that makes sense

Prab

Nope, i used to have a normal dump valve but this is better as it doesnt vent prematurely or hiss, the reason manufacturers recirc turbos is for 2 reasons on some cars (vws etc) the maf sensor throws a hissy fit if it doesnt get a recirc, and also because recirc valves are quiet, removing the recirc doesnt do anything on the GT.

Sorry to reopen an old post, but can you explain how to do this? I was thinking about getting the K-Tec valve but if heard nothing but bad reviews and stories about it venting.

Are you saying that you used the original recirculating dump valve and just took part of it away?

Sorry for being such a noob... This is not only my first turbo... It's my first car :oops: I'm only a pup.

Also, any reviews on the K-Tec exhaust would be awesome to.

Hello mate

seeing this is you first post welcome.

to do what prab has done you just need to remove 1 pipe but will need to get a plug to plug up the pipe it goes to from memory it will be a 25mm round plug you will need

you can work out what pipe need removing by the picture

Okay, appreciate the help. Think it makes sense, so I just need to plug up where the recirculating pipe goes? Also, I see that there's just the gaping hole to the valve... Can I stick a make-shift filter on the end of that? Such as some wire mesh or something, just to stop crap getting in there... or will that ruin the effect/noise?

TripNip":1yhvr488 said:
Okay, appreciate the help. Think it makes sense, so I just need to plug up where the recirculating pipe goes? Also, I see that there's just the gaping hole to the valve... Can I stick a make-shift filter on the end of that? Such as some wire mesh or something, just to stop crap getting in there... or will that ruin the effect/noise?

The pipe that needs blocking is near the back of the bulk head. its a fairly fat pipe. you wont need to worry about blocking the hole with mesh or anythink as it pushes air out of there not sucks it back in. if you wanted it to look a little better you can always try to fit a breather filter to it. All it will do it block a bit of noise so wont be as loud

Yeah that makes alot of sense, I think I'll do that.

Okay last two things. What can I use to plug the hole, I know you said it's 25mm... Again I know nubish question.
And, what is the diametre of the hole left in the valve, so I can get the right sized breather filter.

Appreciate your help alot btw mate.

Edit: Okay nothing's going on at work so I went to have a look and was a little confused, but I think I've got it now, what you've done is pull it out and then turn the whole thing round so you can see the hole, correct? Is that the loose pipe in the background correct?

TripNip":1cvozi5t said:
Yeah that makes alot of sense, I think I'll do that.

Okay last two things. What can I use to plug the hole, I know you said it's 25mm... Again I know nubish question.
And, what is the diametre of the hole left in the valve, so I can get the right sized breather filter.

Appreciate your help alot btw mate.

Edit: Okay nothing's going on at work so I went to have a look and was a little confused, but I think I've got it now, what you've done is pull it out and then turn the whole thing round so you can see the hole, correct? Is that the loose pipe in the background correct?

Plug you should be able to get from halfords comes in a pack of 3 or 4 different size plugs. And the pipe in the picture in the background is the one you get shot of :)

Great you've been really helpful, going on holiday tomorrow morning for a week, but ive still got four days off work after that, so I'll do it then and update to show how I've got on. First car mod...

Lastly (I promise) Prabmire's customing piping, that's or decoration purpose only correct? I notice his splits and has something going towards the back? I don't think I have this. Do I need it?

The blue pipe is just to make it look pritty.

The clear pipe is for a boost gauge and you wont have one unless you fit one yourself so you dont need to worry about the that pipe.

Dammit.... I've thought of another question...

The "no longer in use pipe" just plug it and leave it, or remove it completely and plug where it comes from?

TripNip":h63o2yue said:
Dammit.... I've thought of another question...

The "no longer in use pipe" just plug it and leave it, or remove it completely and plug where it comes from?

Your choice depends how tidy you want the engine bay i would remove it as it will look smarter

TripNip":3c7srfss said:
One for Prab... Is it a proper Whoosh Tish... Or is it a bit girlie? :lol:
It sounds better then my ktec 1 done mine a couple of weeks ago