Don't know what to do

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David61

Reaction score
Hi everyone my name is David I'm new to this forum in the last 2 years I've owned Clio 197 a 182 twingo 133 cup and a 225 megane wife says mid life crisis .my son owns a 172 cup the thing is out of all the renaultsport cars I've owned the twingo was in my mind the best I loved that car .I don't have to have big power high running cost . Don't get me wrong the clios and Meg are fantastic cars but they just don't do it for me but I need a bit of help .at 49 I'm a a little to old for the 133 that is the one thing that is stopping me from buying one again regards Dave

What would you rate as the 2nd best if the Twingo is the first?

For what reason do you think your age has anything to do with the car you drive? Do you feel you should have a bigger car or a slower car, etc etc?

David61":30qulbt0 said:
at 49 I'm a a little to old for the 133 that is the one thing that is stopping me from buying one again

Oi :!:

I'm 48 and last year bought a 133 having had two Citroen C2s (a VTS and a Code). :shock:

As I see it, once the kids have done the College thing and left home, why did I need a Mondeo... :?:

Buy the car YOU want and stuff what anyone else thinks or says :mrgreen:

Don't let your age get you down. You're never too old for a Twingo! :)

Hi Matt I would say the 197 2nd fantastic car go cart like handling just very thirsty and for a 2.0 litre engine you had to work it hard I just like small cars .I think the age thing is most Renault sport cars are driven by young adults. Maybe it's just me being a little bit to sensitive about my age I just don't want to look like I'm driving my sons car . Don't get me wrong I drive the wheels off every car I have .I just need a few opinions but I just loved that 133 .

That's that then It looks like another 133cup for me . Thanks for you comments

Age shouldnt stop you getting what you want. If you want a 133 get one seeing you have owned one before you will know what your missing out on !

David61":1arx8wbv said:
That's that then It looks like another 133cup for me . Thanks for you comments

Good call, David - I was getting fed up with being the "Senior Citizen" on here ;)

gd on you dave buy the car u want age doeesent mean a damm thing if ur happy then ur happy

When i was growing up my mum had loads of "un-mother" like cars. my favourite one was the astra GTE. So go for it you can never be to old. :)

I ordered mine 2 days before my 40th, instead of the other car on my short list which was an Alpina D3.

Good decision David, I look forward to the photos of the new 133!

Friedchicken91":8s3y5p9e said:
Heres the age list thread weve got. your still younger than orbs dad who tracked his car at fcs

post13261.html?hilit=your age#p13261

i've tried everything to put him in the ground. nothing works lol.

my old man has had lot of high powered to rare cars, i believe this rekindled his love with them like his old mini cooper doing grass rallys or his bug with porsche varient enigine. as its mainly his idea to get this car more track focus for family fun time or before he cant climb out of bucket seats which i believe is the funniest thing i've seen