Driving mums 1.2 Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toni_133

Reaction score
Due to my 133 being in for its 36,000 mile service mum has nicely let me have her Twingo for a week. I`ve driven it before when mum and I went to Cornwall, i`m really surprised at how punchy the engine is, the only time it really has a issue is hills but i`m used to going up hills in fifth in my car :).

This morning I even managed to overtake a few cars which I was very pleased about. The one bad point I can think of is the seating position as you can`t move the seat up and down, so you feel like your head it about to touch the roof. The steering is interesting not as responsive as the 133 but I was expecting a lot. In all a really good car and glad to see other models keep up the great performance of the Twingo :)

I have to agree with this, I have a freeway and it has a brilliant punch, but you do find at hills you are embarressed :p

I have amazed some people by overtaken them and they just looked in shock :) always fun when that happens! But i think i will get a 133 prob when i am 21, so another 2yrs but i will look forward to it!

It is like driving a completely different car, but the engines i think are completely different so thats probably why. but a great little car :)

I can tackle them in fifth, but not make any progress. But really, that's probably cos 2nd is my favourite gear and i like the shift light :lol: and once you've done that there's not really any faster you can go :lol:

Some :p

My driving tends to be a lot of town currently, so not many chances to rag it. I've been seeing near 40mpg again. But there's a few roads just this way that are long, windy, wide, and slightly hilly so good opportunity to stretch it's legs

My 1.2 is brilliant all the time, although having never driven the 133 I don't know what i would be missing! It is however very slow up hills :( but then mine usually has a full tank so it always weighs a bit more though!

My 1.2 can go up Holden hill (if anyone lives in the south west they will probs know this steep one on the A38 after Exeter) in 5th as long as no idiot pulls out in the fast lane doing 20mph, so as long as you know when a hils coming up they can really manage well, my old C1 VTR struggled in 3rd! They are very fast I personally think, the handling may not be as good but the tyres are very thin so do roll a lot.

holliedynamique":h6w91jep said:
My 1.2 can go up Holden hill (if anyone lives in the south west they will probs know this steep one on the A38 after Exeter) in 5th as long as no idiot pulls out in the fast lane doing 20mph, so as long as you know when a hils coming up they can really manage well, my old C1 VTR struggled in 3rd! They are very fast I personally think, the handling may not be as good but the tyres are very thin so do roll a lot.
Hollie I work for Peugeot and we have the 107 which is the same as the c1 they are brilliant cars. They do love to be reved though they will top 60 plus In second gear and 90 plus in 3rd I'm told. There great for suprising people when your in the mood. But nothing goes like a loan car though.

yea I agree, it used to go like stink with its 3cyl engine and it sounded great people used to laugh at me saying it was slow but it could easily hit 60mph in 2nd gear bouncing of the 5,000 rev line just because of the way the engine needed to be revved, mine seemed to attract a lot of attention with people asking bout it etc, heres a pic of it:

SDC11081_2.jpg

SDC10949.jpg

The spoiler on the back of them is a rite nitemare to fit. You have to remove the rear screen and all sorts lol. Looks nice though.

I can get up hills in mine in 5th... :p If I have enough momentum. It's only when I get stuck behind some old fart that's dordling in his little Fiat Panda at 3mph that brings me to a struggle on hills. :D

maggi112":1es8pqqr said:
I've driven c1's and aygos before and they feel quicker than they really are. Quite good fun actually! But even my last car was quicker :lol:

Before I bought the Twingo, I looked at the Citroen C1/Peugeot 107/Toyota Aygo (essentially the same car) and I really did want one. But then saw the Twingo and it was love at first sight. :p