DRL HEADLIGHTS

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samwatson45

Reaction score
so i brought some drl headlights for my gordini but they are for left hand drive cars .... had no problem installing them the only problem i had was dipped headlights pointed straight to the floor. so i took them to my local garage for them to be raised up but they said the couldn't do it because i would dazzle the other drivers. but it was only dipped lights ... side lights and main beam worked fine just dipped pointed straight down.

can i change them ??? im stuck and struggling to sort it out ??? all help welcome

You probably can't sort it. Why on earth did you buy LH drive headlights? be fine for driving in Europe though.

I can't see how they will pass a MOT.

tbh i didnt think i just brought them and i didnt say anything about being LH drive headlights. and i took them out for the MOT everything else is fine just dipped beam point straight to the floor ?

The reflectors in the headlights are meant for driving on the other side of the road. If you have them at the correct height they will dazzle oncoming cars on the other side of the road as the garage said.

Now you can have them set to the correct height but you will have to put tape on them permanently in a area to stop dazzling cars oncoming. But how stupid would that be tape stuck on your headlights just so you can have DRL's.

Basically it's a massive fail you need to take them off and put the others back on.

If you adjust them yourself to the correct height and drive at night you will be putting other drivers at risk and deserve a spanner around your head.

alright calm down ! i was just wanting to know if i can change anything in the headlights so that they can go back in my gordini

I am calm I just don't want you getting in trouble adjusting them up.

OK there is one thing and it's a long shot....................................

It's possible (small chance) that your existing reflectors would fit in the new units. But it will be a hell of a job trying to take the headlights apart. They might be glued or sonic welded.