dumpvalve

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingoroe

Reaction score
So iv started my progress on my gt but I was wondering if people could put some pics on this post of there dumpvalve set up please? I did mine and its running abit lumpy now! don't know if its related or not so iv put the standard one back on for the time being. Cheers everyone!
also I will get my progress thread going soon!

Did you get a twin piston dump valve and have you put the correct spring in the dump valve for the amount of boost you're running, too soft and it'll just vent all the boost which you don't want and too hard and it'll force the air back through the turbo the wrong way which can lead to a shorter life span of the turbo:

Dump valves aren't quite plug and play as a lot of people seem to think.

When I'm home from work il post a picture later of my dump valve. It says it was made for the twingo gt so i thought it would of automatically be set up for the boost on the gt it isnt a universal dumpvalve, when i get home l post it!

I purposefully set the one up on my clio so it would force air the wrong way at lower rpm so it made fluttering turkey noises and then on full chat it'd vent properly. I liked the noise and there were too many differing opinions about shortening the life span of the turbo that I just thought sod it and did it anyway, if it did go whilst I had it I'd look at hybrid(ing) it....oh well got a 133 now lol

I have a blow off valve and so I believe it only pushes air out and air never enters back threw it? I will post a pic tomorrow just been busy with work! Finally got a day off! also just got my rs spoiler so need to get that fitted and sprayed!

you could blank the pipe into the intake and just vent the OEM dumpvalve to atmosphere, pretty sure it will get pretty noisy and free mods are always a win!

I ordered a blank plug but I ordered the wrong size! I thought it was a 22mm but its about 2mm too small so just ordered another one. The blow off valve is really loud I love it I just need to blank the other side so I can put it back on again. Going to start a progress thread soon. Just got my rs spoiler now just ordering some coils and going to spray all my so called anthracite the same colour as my spoiler then get it remapped. Does anyone know if I can get the 133 arches and side skirt to fit the gt body? My brother runs a body shop so he can sort it all out. Also where could I get some?

oscar":272exqj4 said:
you could blank the pipe into the intake and just vent the OEM dumpvalve to atmosphere, pretty sure it will get pretty noisy and free mods are always a win!

That does work but personally thought doing it that way made quite an he impressive noise more like a 'whumph' as opposed to a full 'tshhhhhh' is that makes any sense whatsoever pmsl.

lgonzalez":zp8hzfyj said:
oscar":zp8hzfyj said:

That does work but personally thought doing it that way made quite an he impressive noise more like a 'whumph' as opposed to a full 'tshhhhhh' is that makes any sense whatsoever pmsl.

sounds like elton johns farts basically you say? :p

oscar":3qqc1l5z said:
lgonzalez":3qqc1l5z said:
oscar":3qqc1l5z said:

sounds like elton johns farts basically you say? :p
Pmsl!!! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] yeah you could say that.

maggi200":3v92c425 said:
With an induction kit my car vents loud enough to scare old women if I come off throttle whilst on boost as I pass.

That's how it should be :p

Twingoroe":14re7kgv said:
I was wondering if people could put some pics on this post of there dumpvalve set up please?

Check my prog. thread if your still struggling mate.