EBC greenstuff brake pads ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostZ

Reaction score
So i was wondering anyone got these brake pads for his RS or GT so vs. OEM pads , does it give the same preformance but less brake dust ?

i want to buy these maybe but wondering if anyone tested them yet cause im not all about massive braking performance the OEM braking performance is good enough but the brake dust must be way less then OEM pads....

TwingoRSgreenstuff_1.jpg

Don't... I hate them! I don't have a picture of what they were like but I had them on the Clio and the GT and under heavy braking faded and the pads actually snapped.... Not even low either. Not good pads at all. Use pagid.

Jjay":1d41aguj said:
Don't... I hate them! I don't have a picture of what they were like but I had them on the Clio and the GT and under heavy braking faded and the pads actually snapped.... Not even low either. Not good pads at all. Use pagid.

thanks for letting me know but the pagid brand dont have any for the twingo rs ...

Jjay":2atsuj42 said:

Really?? Had them on my corsa, never had any problems with them, less brake dust and i thought they were great!!

all pads will squeel without anti squeel shims, ebc pads come with them.

ive used greenstuffs on my non RS cars and they are perfectly up to the job, they are equal, with a bit more bite than standard, but they aint a performance pad, but they arn't marketed as one either!

next to no dust off them too thats the reason ive used them in the past.

on a twingo RS id consider DS2500 but they are expensive! i dont rate any of EBC's performance pads either

Martin_172":18yeb3mj said:
all pads will squeel without anti squeel shims, ebc pads come with them.

ive used greenstuffs on my non RS cars and they are perfectly up to the job, they are equal, with a bit more bite than standard, but they aint a performance pad, but they arn't marketed as one either!

next to no dust off them too thats the reason ive used them in the past.

on a twingo RS id consider DS2500 but they are expensive! i dont rate any of EBC's performance pads either

well main part i want standard brake performance but way less brake dust , we will always have brake dust but if those pads give a bit less im still statisfied ;)

Can you get through (Belgian **** version) MOT with this?

** sry for the **** reference but MOT in Belgium is terrible..

im currently running with these pads, and for normal everyday use they are absolutely fine. I didnet notice a particular reduction in dust Vs the OEM pads however i didnt think they were particualry dusty and nither are the green stuff. Vs the OEM pads they have a different feel, softer on the initial bite but harder as the braking event progresses. They are fine for normal driving and a good bit cheaper than the OEM pads and thats why i went for them.

Cheers

Mat

GhostZ":1gx139fl said:
well main part i want standard brake performance but way less brake dust , we will always have brake dust but if those pads give a bit less im still statisfied ;)

they will suit you perfectly then :)

Go for them, if you don't plan on using them on a track. Had two sets of those on the rs and they produce less dust than oem. After two laps of nordschleife they started fading heavily though...

They also come with anti squealing rubberpads that are a ***** to cut into shape. But with them fitted theres no sqealing at all

I currently have Green stuff pads. They seem to get alot of stick but to be honest but they're not that bad. They look cool as you can see the green pad in the caliper. However over the standard pads they're no better or worse. They're quite cheap though so what do you expect! If your looking to get some good brakes go for the Brembo package where you get the pads and grooved discs. Expensive but they'll be worth it. You'll get more braking power from the new discs then you will from any brake pad.

Carbon Lorraine RC5+ pad I would say are one of the best out there and dont need warming up like the RC6's and the old RC5's.

Just putting an note out there for those buying green stuff pads. Do not take off the black sticky cover on the front. That will keep them from squelling! There is a reason they put it on there!! Lol