Elan Valley, Rhyader, Wales with my Twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam

Reaction score
This is a great place for photographing your Twingo's, if you fancy a trek...! Took me about 2hrs 30 to get out there but it was worth it! Just for this stunning scenery!

twingoelan.jpg

This was taken on the narrow dam. You can drive across the dams. I had to be quick with this one as lots of cars were using it, so it was literally stop the car, get out, take photo and jump back in and move it again, haha.

twingoelan2.jpg

This is by one of the many lakes in the Elan Valley. I wanted the layby to be on the other side of the road, but as luck has it, they never are! :(

twingoelan1.jpg

This was the first dam and the highest, I think. Lots of potholes covered this particular dam.

twingoelan3.jpg

This was one of the dams that you couldn't drive across, so I got the next best thing. Excuse the couple in the background - not a clue who they are. As you can see, there is room for 2 cars to park there, but I wanted a photo of my Twingo here, so I caused misery to those who wanted to park there, including the random couple, who were in a Clio, I seem to remember, lol.

Anyway, hope you enjoy those and hope you guys take your Twingo's out there for some photoshoots! :p

Yeh love going wales have family that live there. Normally dont have time to get photos but next time i go ill get some. Nice pics tho :)

Cheers guys, yeah Fried, if you take the A44 out to Wales its on that road when you're in Rhyader, you'd need to spend a good few hours there though as there's lots of walking as well as driving lol.. if you're in to walking, that is.

Yep Karl, car doesn't look that clean and shiny any more lol, will give it a proper clean when the weather warms up a bit. There's more pictures of my car on Facebook which I'll probably post some of up here eventually. :)

Sam family live in a small village in a valley of the brecon beacons so will find some dirt tracks as well as nice views :) might go there when I have time off though :)

hattonperformance":23qzvif1 said:
what model twingo is that then, looks good mate!

Yup... Karl said it! :p Thanks! Noticed you're in Witney, not too far from me. What Twingo do you drive??

@Fried: Ooh lush - heard its supposed to be nice out there!