Engine mods!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly none apart from a cheap induction kit as you're not going to get any power out of the engine.

Dubz is right, most people on here start on handling and suspension first because it adds extra fun for fairly cheap in comparison to engine mods.
For power sakes, generally in a non turbo twingo, people go for induction kit, exhaust and a remap. Above that, it starts getting expensive for not much extra power.

Ah I see, what exhausts are they best? And what induction kit would u suggest?

If I'm being honest I'm not sure what is knocking about out there for that engine, if I remember rightly, kam racing have parts for the 1.2. Best bet is to get online and search! As for exhausts, you can buy an expensive one or ask around garages see if you can have one made up for cheaper! In terms of what to go for there are a few options, generally you would look at stainless, then you need to think about type, do you want a straight through, etc... if you do always get your mot somewhere you can trust for potential emissions failures!

Marky555":36ijs8fl said:
Ah I see, what exhausts are they best? And what induction kit would u suggest?

Just get a 90 degree 57mm silicon hose and then put a universal pod filter on it. Or as I did and just put the pod filter straight on the throttle body. You're not going to lose any power from it. My old 1.2 16v had 82 bhp and another one of this forum with just the normal airbox set up had 80 or 81 bhp. So it doesn't make any difference

Exhaust wise I'd go down the custom route as there aren't any off the shelf ones for the 1.2 16v that don't sound crap.