Engine POP...

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thursto133

Reaction score
I have a mate that has a Clio 200. His Clio pops on the overrun beautifully I just love it!! I have a ktec cat back exhaust and since I put it on it
Pops now but only a little between 1st and 2nd gear. I would like it to pop a little louder and I've done a little digging on the Internet and come across lots if ways, however I'm only in interested in the one. I don't want to:
Decat it
Buy a new cat
Remap it to over do the fuel a little

The interesting and cheap idea I heard is basically... Stick a screw about 2-3 inches in your tail pipe, glue it down and wait for the glue to dry. Once you have done this the screw will catch some of the un-burnt fuel while driving and then on the over run this will ignite and pop.

Now it sounds almost a little stupid to me but I thought I'd ask the experts first and see what you guys think. This person was American sooooo... Yay or nay :)

What's he done to his 200 exhaust? Mine didn't pop! Don't stick a screw in it whatever you do! Decat might be your best bet

Is that off blue peters web site,

With your parents permission and a screw driver children.... Lol.

Definetely has a pipercross panel filter and he has a Raw Motorsport sticker in the back is that an exhaust dealer.

And yes I know it sounds stupid that's why I didn't go ahead and do it. It's just whilst it sounds stupid it kinda makes a little sense too. I think I will stay well away from my toolkit for now lol

No point decating it as one it would probably be too loud and I would have to stick it on for the MOT which would be annoying.

being in the exhaust gasses, the screw would get hotter than the boiling point of the petrol, so any fuel present would not condence on it.

It would need to be some high temp glue

Rs tuner message henk for a pops and bangs map?

look into a bee-r rev limiter. check it on youtube first, cuts your ignition so you get pops and bangs at w/e rev limit you choose.

200's pop on gear changes usually 3000rpm is the optimum time to change for a loud bang! but throughout the revs they will crackle on over run.

screw idea is silly, best way to get it popping is to decat it and then if you want more stick an over run map on it, however you have already said your not willing to do this so your gonna have to just put up with it! :p

Hello, I've been decat manifold of k-tec and Bastuck GR.A line ...
I have remap by rs-tuner and the car runs a lot, gave 155hp and sounds nice.
But does pop's and bangs, sorry

twingo R2 doesn't bang so much

clio R3 bang a lot

so don't excpect big bang from the k4m
even S1600 doesn't bang so much compare to the F4R