ENGINE REMAP - WHO DOES THE BEST REMAP (133)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ktec remapped booked for me and my mate's Clio 200. December 18th 14:00!!!!!

Thursto133":28n6lw5o said:
Awesome...be sure to post up the results of both!!!

JE_GT":i49jgq09 said:
Thursto133":i49jgq09 said:
lgonzalez":i49jgq09 said:
Thursto133":i49jgq09 said:
Awesome...be sure to post up the results of both!!!

Will do!

I'm chuffed to bits with my K-Tec remap! You'll like it :)

What power did you get out if it? And what mods did you have to Acheive that?

136.6 BHP & 154.3 lbs/ft Torque. Umm quite alot of mods lol, filter, exhaust, intercooler, silicone turbo hose, decat.

Who mapped it... Andy? Once ive sorted my oil feed pipe and sorted the kwaka out with new akrapovic exhaust I'll be back for a more smoother map.... Maybe I'll have popped a bigger fuel pump in by then too..... :)

Remap tomorrow!!!!!! Hoping to get around 140bhp expecting it to be in the 30's though.

Westy":2mdw2xqs said:
What time maybe I'll pop down in Clio

13:45 I've got to be there. My mate is gona be there too he has a Clio 200 not sure if he's taking that Down or driving up with me.

Anyone have an Idea on Remap cost for the 133's at RS Tuning? Contemplating one next year after the exhaust is sorted :)

Engine has been remapped by the guys at Ktec. Wasn't a interesting day to be honest. They asked if we wanted to see the power run, which we said yes but then they forgot! So I ended up watching QI and Never mind the Buzzcocks while I waited! However the results...

The results are STP Corrected wheel power vs RPM (whatever that means?)

Start BHP - 121.9
Start Torque lbs/ft - 111

Remap BHP - 134.2 (+12.3BHP)
Remap Torque lbs/ft - 123.3 (+12.3lbs/ft)

Peak BHP is at 6,500RPM
Peak Torque is at 4,250 RPM

Rev range increased from standard 6,750 RPM to 7,150 RPM

At peak torque vs old torque it holds the +12lbs/ft for most of the rest of the rev range.

At peak BHP vs old BHP between 4500 and 6500 the rise ranges from +15BHP to +12BHP

From 2,000 RPM to peak torque the gain ranges from 7lbs/ft (between 2,000 - 2,750) to +10lbs/ft until it hits it peak.

From 2,000 RPM to 3,500 RPM there is between a 3-4BHP rise. From 3,500 to 4,200 it ranges from 7-10BHP rise.

The biggest difference between old torque and new torque comes at 4,200 RPM where the torque difference is +22lbs/ft

The biggest difference in BHP comes at 4,250 RPM where the difference is +18BHP.

Hope that's a detailed enough explanation of my remap! Very pleased overall as the custom remap tells you to expect +8BHP and +11lbs/ft of torque for £200. They also have a £300 option which yields +11BHP and +9lbs/ft of torque. I went for the custom remap for £200 and I got +12 on both! The engineer was particularly pleased with the torque gain. Car definetely feels better and more punchy in the lower revs.

Some great gains there! Your going to be having even more fun in the 133 now :p

So is the £300 option a more in depth custom map to be able to cost £100 more than the one you got? It seems a bit weird to offer two different types of maps and you got more than both of the quoted increases

Dubz":1zy6724d said:
Some great gains there! Your going to be having even more fun in the 133 now :p

So is the £300 option a more in depth custom map to be able to cost £100 more than the one you got? It seems a bit weird to offer two different types of maps and you got more than both of the quoted increases

Not really sure. If you go to their site and go through the online store and go for engine and components and then on the drop down click engine performance kits you will see the £300. However if you click power upgrades and then click performance packages you will see the other one for £200 excl vat. Don't know what the major difference is... Both state that they tune it to the individuals car.

Was you map with just a pabel filter? Or dod you have any other mods ? Im thinking about doing ktecs power package which is the panel filter and remap

msjm6747":1myed7jt said:
Was you map with just a pabel filter? Or dod you have any other mods ? Im thinking about doing ktecs power package which is the panel filter and remap
I have a ktec cat back exhaust system and a BMC panel filter. I got the same package however as I already had a panel filter they took the money off for the panel filter.

If I were you mate I would buy a BMC panel filter or green filter. They are the best. The current ktec filter has had some bad reviews and its basically just a pipercross panel filter and been re labelled. If you buy that and when you order the remap tell them you don't need the panel filter and they will take off what the filter costs.