Eynonz (Slow) GT Progress Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eynonz

Reaction score
Should most prob start one I guess. It's gonna be a long wait between mods I can tell you that. XD Plus there wont be nuts mods as there's only so much I can afford/do. So here it goes:

Shopping/Modding List
*K&N 57i Induction Kit
*Twingo RS car mats
*Pro Race 1.2's <Went for Speedline Turini's instead>
*Lowering Springs
*Rear Diffuser (If there are any by then)
*Get a more efficient induction kit
*K-Tec exhaust system <Went for a longlife one instead>
*Get some better Headlight bulbs.
*TOW Hook / Strap
*Decal that bad boy up!
*Spray the silver parts (Mirrors / Spoiler / Fog Surrounds)
*Paint calipers. (Black, or Orange if i'm feeling nuts!)
*RS Spoiler?
*If the looks match the sound by this point, then I will maybe get a better dump valve.
*Finally a remap.
*Get it professionally cleaned to banish all the annoying little scratches.

All of this should take me the next 4 years while I wait for my insurance to drop for my dream Starlet Glanza V.

Car as of yesterday (standard):
IMG_20120612_124919.jpg

I bought a K&N 57i Induction Kit off eBay new for £40
IMG_20121009_141723.jpg

I managed to install most of it today, but had terrible trouble getting the air-box off due to the hose clip facing a very awkward way/angle. Couldn't get any tools to it, so managed after an hour of trying to get it off. Still need to wait for a nice day to put in the cold air hose. Can you guys check if this looks OK (not that you can see much from the pic :L), not too sure myself, never really fitted one before.
IMG_20121009_165126.jpg

Ooh what's the complete list of mods you have planned?

As for the air filter it could be positioned better ;) get some hoses and bring it to the front left of the engine bay area abit further away from hotter components plus there's more room there, then you can either modify the wheel arch and have cold air feed from there or under the front bumper.

Also will be easier to fit a heat shield around it there as there's quite abit of space for an induction setup.

Not too insane with the mods, kinda fresh to this whole thing atm ;). I'm wanting to save up for some pro race alloys or some turini's next and see where I go from there.

Yer I see what you mean about needing a longer pipe. I'll add it to my list. Any good recommended sites to get them from? And what bore diameter would I be looking at? :)

JE_GT":1splzwo1 said:
someone find me some sexy 15" alloys and i'll sell you my turinis lol

;) I need to save up my monies first.. may take a while, but i'll get there :)

And ty for the pic.....looks pretty simple to do. Would I be able to attach that aluminum pipe into the K&N silicone pipe I have in it now? If so whats the dimensions of that aluminium pipe you used (sorry i'm pretty terrible with stuff like that ^^)? :D

Quick Update:

Got this done at Longlife last week, I'm pleased with it, and the sound it makes isn't over the top.
IMG_20121026_165044.jpg

And these arrived for me today, very pleased with them. Cost me £270 (should have been £245 but I was lazy and got them delivered). Only one has a tiny bit of kerbing, and one tyre will need to be replaced within a couple of months. I'm gonna get them sprayed a diff colour after xmas sometime. Now I just have to wait for the weather to give them a good clean and put them on. :)
IMG_20121101_142139.jpg

Looking good bud I take ages with my mods too lmao!

Aw that's not too bad : ) it took me ages to get anything like a cup spoiler so your not the only one

I'm actually itching to start on mine now, but SWMBO says I'm not allowed until we've got the new house and mortgage sorted out! And of course there's no sign of anyone buying the one we've got yet... So yeah, very jealous of you all.

Ty peeps, I fitted the wheels today, and i'm rather pleased with how the white looks. I didn't take a photo because it started to rain and I hadn't got around to cleaning them yet :)

Ye this space will most prob become quite again for a while as i'm gonna start paying off my Florida holiday. Will hopefully get it lowered next sometime at the start of next year. May do some cheap minor stuff in between (some stickers, caliper paint etc.).

Bik I know exactly how you feel seeing everyone's awesome progress threads :), you'll get there in the end ;)