F1 fans?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrDrew

Reaction score
Howdy.

Any others on here big f1 fans looking forward to getting up early next weekend?

Have to admit I think it adds a bit of excitement getting up very early for race 1. Probably just reminds me of getting up for Adelaide in years gone by for the season finale.

Not really I watch the qualifying, lap 1-3 and then approx. the last 4 laps, nine times out of ten the way they start is the way they finish. Prefer tin-top racing and MotoGP.

Fair enough. I tend to watch a bit of the motogp, but def see more f1 & gp2.

Maggi112, what are you thinking of the adjustable rear wings? I'm a bit trepidacious that it's going to be hard to give them a fair effect without either not doing much or making it too easy.

The fact they have to bring in adjustable wings, change the size the wing, etc etc etc to increase overtaking shows it's "boring". I'm taking nothing away from the skill, but for the fans it's a yawnathon.....

Don't get me wrong seeing it live is a different kettle of fish I went to Spa last year to see it, it was a different experience, still preferred the Porsche Cups!! lol

Now GP2 is deffo more interesting :)

Well MotoGP has only just done quali, and I watched Leob coming back from a 50min penalty to win in Mexico, not seen any IRC coverage.....

i cant wait for f1, really looking forward to see how the season unfolds because its closer than it has been for a long while.i kinda agree though, they seem to change the rules every year to make it more interesting but it never works.

I cant wait for Moto GP tomorrow, the qualifying was excellent tonight, Stoner worked hard. there are a few riders that could do it this year.

Cant wait til 3rd April when BTCC starts and i also go to a lot of 750mc events for the stock hatches and formula vees, great day out and not expensive either

It looks like quite a few of the loopholes and ambiguous rules have been closed. Hopefully that will close the pack a bit and make for some better races. Though the pit-stops and tyre tactics will probably be the decider.

The driver adjustable rear wing should act like the KERS system, effectively giving a boost in speed by reducing the drag instead of increasing power. Although, the KERS could be used when the driver wanted, unlike this new system where the trailing car gets the advantage if within 1 second behind. Catching and overtaking the leader should be easier if you can get to within the 1 second mark.

Hopefully home on the 24th, so should be able to watch it instead of working. Shall I change allegiance, from supporting the Brits, to supporting Renault? Nick Heidfeld must be due a race win or two, as he 's been second enough times before.

Looking forward to another good season.

I know a lot say it's "boring", but think of any sport - 95% of it IS boring: a football match is 90 minutes of running about punctuated by maybe 2 or 3 good bits (the goals), cricket is even worse when you can play for 5 days and still get a draw, so on that basis maybe F1 isn't so boring after all.

There's always SOMETHING happening!

Look at last season - Webber's "low flying" incident; the 2 Red Bulls crashing together, some great overtaking manouevres and plenty of pit-lane intrigue into the bargain.

And before that, Hamilton winning the title on the last corner, Jenson Button running down the pit lane at Monaco to get his trophy after he'd parked in the wrong place at the end of the race; Schumacher's deliberate spin in qualifying; Piquet being ordered to crash to boost Alonso's chances.....

Button technically didn't park in the wrong place rules are they are to go into parc ferme it was the marshall that 'wrongly' directed him into the pits. Only Monaco has this anomaly.

Wow 'overtaking' using pits..... enthralling :lol: yeah there's always something happening follow my leader is an amazing party game.

You never have a boring touring car race (be that world or 'local') and they don't use pits to overtake people.

My sport of choice is anything that doesn't involve a ball.

Mr_Ben":2vfvemj3 said:
You never have a boring touring car race (be that world or 'local') and they don't use pits to overtake people.

I seem to remember a year or two back there were only NINE cars on the grid - and most of them looked like the sh*t they sell at Vauxhall and Honda dealers :mrgreen:

That maybe 'true' but they did more overtaking in one race than the whole F1 season!! lol

I have a feeling red bull will dominate this season if they can get their reliability under wraps! Ferrari is their closest rival. McLaren need to drive well to catch up... Should be an interesting season!

Am hoping we're in for another thrilling season. Asside from a couple of races here and there, we've had a great last few seasons. There's been lots of talk of williams and torro rosso having strong cars. Wonder if they might be able to sneak a podium at one or two crazy races throughout the year. (I'd put more of a chance to that happening for williams than TR).

Just read an article on the evolution of the Merc GP car during the tests so far this year. Quite a marked change for such a small period of real time.

https://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2011/0/841.html

Back home now and still in night shift mode Managed a lay in till 04:30

Q1 done and Renault are down a car already as Heidfeld failed to qualify :oops:

Good to see the "new" Brit driver, Paul DiResta, put up a decent performance in his first qualifying session and posting a grid placing in front of his team-mate.

To all the Scots out there, be prepared for us Sassenachs to claim him as a "British Success" when he does well, but a "Scottish Failure" when he doesn't. :lol:

Just kidding, guys ;-)