fast idling on start up (warm engine)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trist84

Reaction score
Started idling at around 1200-1400 revs. Apply some gas and needle bounces around rather erratically as it returns to idle. Seems fine during the rest of the journey and only happens on the initial start up. Any advice appreciated :)
*awaits bad news and expensive bill* lol

I think all 133s do it, I had Renault do a software reset mine improved once I put a panel filter in but still happens now and again, A remap should iron it out as well as the usual flat spots

phew, doesnt sound too serious then...thanks for the reply.
Just reading up on new filter + remap. Filter seems fairly straight forward and quite a few members appear to have benifited from a remap so may have to invest :)
thanks again

I believe it only happens under certain circumstances. But those circumstances do seem to happen a lot.

I know with my old 1.2 16v there were multiple versions of the standard map. There's a chance the standard map you've got in your 133 might be a version that does have the kangaroo'ing issue

I'm having the kangaroo'ing too and also at low revs in 1st gear 1.000rpm, anything my dealer can fix?

I avoid first gear if possible on any journey. Mine usually kangaroos, then almost stalls then wheel spins...

abp950":hzm6icy0 said:
I'm having the kangaroo'ing too and also at low revs in 1st gear 1.000rpm, anything my dealer can fix?

Renault released an updated map for the engine which should fix this, good dealers should be able to find it and apply it to your car

i would say that all of you may be experiencing problems with a few components on your twingo's. 1st i would suggest getting your cars stuck on diagnostics and get your fault codes checked, not all codes will bring up the EML. if i had to guess i would try changing the "coolant temperature sensor", this plays a vital part in fueling the engine at different temperatures for example; when its cold the engine needs more fuel for start up and will keep revs higher to allow for faster warm up and vice versa for when its hot, if this sensor is giving incorrect signals such as telling the ecu its hot when its actually cold would give the "kangaroo" effect as the ecu is supplying the engine with the incorrect desired amount of fuel. A lot of sensors are linked and all of their information passed to the ecu play a vital part for the fueling of the engine in different climates. Some sensors that are linked that you guys could try are: Coolant temperature sensor, air mass meter and lambda sensor (which would be located in the exhaust). Failing that check plugs etc. Hope this helps !!!!!

Universe":oz8i0scq said:
abp950":oz8i0scq said:

Renault released an updated map for the engine which should fix this, good dealers should be able to find it and apply it to your car

Mine kangaroo's sometimes and has the flat spot. How much would a Renault dealer charge to apply the updated map?

Tbh I never had the kangaroo'ing with mine. Just ordered the panel filter (kam racing) and when thats in, book a remap. Can anyone recommend a place for that? Midland Remaps have a sale (£150 i think) Im not far from Kidderminster area. Or if its worth the trip to Ktec then I really dont mind :)