Fiat 500 TwinAir

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaylor

Reaction score
I was given one of these as a courtesy car today while i had some work carried out on my car, what a strange engine they've got, 875cc two cylinder Turbo, quite nippy for the size of it, but sounded like a lawnmower at certain revs!

They are odd.

I have driven the Punto twinair. Looked at buying one as the eco replacement for my old 197, but struggled to get 30+mpg out of it and it really didnt sound right.

Love the sound of the 1.2 3 pot in the fabia, thrrrruuuuummmmmmmmm

I've been in one of my clients (who actually offered me a lift in his Ferrari, imagine my disappointment when I saw it...) and I must say it was nice. It was a nice metallic black with some nice black wheels (similar to the Tibor wheels) and the interior was leagues ahead of the Twingo. Sounded like a swarm of angry bees trying to escape, to my ears it wasn't bad. Seemed energetic and fun, whilst not overly fast. I imagine a good fun car to start out with.

Think one of the best things about all these new cars with the small turbocharged engines (as opposed to say, a N/A 1.2) is that they're a lot torquier and quicker feeling than the normal thing. I had a Clio TCE a couple of years ago and my mate had a Clio but with the N/A 1.4 - both the same power, but mine felt a LOT quicker.