First speeding ticket!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchie

Reaction score
got my first speedig ticket waiting for me on the doormat when I arrived home from a day of college..

was fined for 6km (3.72mph) faster then allowed..
it will set me back €35,- or £31,-

wasn't happy with it, but it could have been a lot worse :lol:

In the uk, the law gives you 10% of the speed allowance! Is that what it's like there dutchie? Would be a bit annoying if it was say 33.72 mph in a 30 zone!

80km/h was allowed, I was caught on 89km/h. minus 3km/h correction.

it s*cked anyway.. :lol:

Dutchie":394w68on said:
got my first speedig ticket waiting for me on the doormat when I arrived home from a day of college..

was fined for 6km (3.72mph) faster then allowed..
it will set me back €35,- or £31,-

wasn't happy with it, but it could have been a lot worse :lol:

fail :lol:

Ah mate, gutted for you then! Could have been much worse though!

Ahh man that sucks, but could have been worse I suppose. Well we live and learn :)

Sent using Tapatalk

we get fines for the smaller mistakes. But we have a starters licence. Wich basically means that you have 3 points. Each time you get caught speeding 30+km/h over the speedlimit you loose one point. But each drivinglicence gets taken when someone is speeding over 50km/h. Also he bigger crimes in traffic can make you lose a point. Fairly difficult system to explain.., hope you still follow me.. :oops:

Yeah I'm with ya like here when you get your license as a new driver you can only get 6 points within 2 years or you have to retake your test. After two years your allowed up to 12 points before a re-test is required

But let's say speeding 40 in a 30 you get 3 points so seems like 6 or 12 is alot but when It comes to it, it's not lol!!

Yeah, and they don't give out single points here do they? So wouldn't take long to rack them up! The day I had been driving for two years back in February was quite momentous! Although I still panic about speeding/getting caught!

Isn't the minimum here something like 3 points and a £60.00 fine? (I watch too much Road Wars, can you tell?! lol)

Although in the UK some councils are doing an initiative where instead of getting points on your license, you can opt to do a "Safe Driving" course, not too sure what it entails though.

Sam":2pb609xq said:
Although in the UK some councils are doing an initiative where instead of getting points on your license, you can opt to do a "Safe Driving" course, not too sure what it entails though.

Most Safe Driving courses they offer are at your own expense and quite pricy..

My Cousin ended up opting for that and became the face for Safe Driving posters from Fife Police :p

The safety courses are going to become compulsary so you'll get fines/points AND have to take the course :(

seems to me that you guys have a pretty difficult system in the UK too..

but face it, maximum speed levels on B roads are to low to go out and have some fun :oops: Even in my shopping trolley! :lol:

Matt":3spx4r2t said:
The safety courses are going to become compulsary so you'll get fines/points AND have to take the course :(
Really? That's mad!!
Dutchie":3spx4r2t said:
seems to me that you guys have a pretty difficult system in the UK too..

but face it, maximum speed levels on B roads are to low to go out and have some fun :oops: Even in my shopping trolley! :lol:
What's a "B" road in the Netherlands? I'm assuming it's like ours, usually a minor-classified route, often for identifiers for rural roads.