Fish Eye Lens for iPhone 4

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lightweight, durable and discreet enough to be left attached to your handset permanently - doubling up as an on-the-go guard from bumps and scratches when the fisheye lens is not in use.

Hahahaha, discreet!!! I'd hate to see what isn't?!?

And no, I haven't Leanne

Lol!! They will say anything these days!! yeah I can't see it catching on people walking around with it attached to their phone!!

It's loads cheaper than a proper fisheye lens for a DSLR, which would set you back £500 or more. Even the Lensbaby would be £200.

So, if the quality doesn't make the camera even worse than normal, it's prety good value for ocasional and novelty use :)

I am sure someone could make an app to do the fish eye effect! Saves you from carrying that thing in your pocket...

HigtonA":3iru6mmr said:
I am sure someone could make an app to do the fish eye effect! Saves you from carrying that thing in your pocket...
to get nearly 180 degree field of view from a standard lens would need several shots to be seamlesly stitched together, like in a panoramic picture which some cameras can do... However you would also need to pan verticaly and stitch everything together.

Keeping the sensor in exacly the same place would be the major problem here, otherwise the picture would not join up correctly. So, an App could be written but would probably fail due to operator error.

For architects, who use fisheye lenses, I doubt this add on for the iphone would give the quality they need, but for the masses it's probably a good bit of fun for a few shots a year.

I thought for £20 it could be worth a go even if it's rubbish it's no big loss. Plus it'd give you the option for something different if it was alright. :)