Foglight bulbs any ideas?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Right now i have the HIDS and white sidelight bulbs now looking for somethinking to go in the foglights to get rid of the yellow and make them more white. I know the bulbs are H11 but not sure on which style Led or what not to get any ideas ?

Why no hids in the fogs?

Also i dont really just them just picture purpose i was thinking ;)

Because they're tacky lol. Why do you want HIDs for fogs?? They take more power, more room and have no benefit.. It probably wouldn't even cut through the fog as they're too bright.

HIDs for your main lights = functional
HIDs for fog lights = pointless

If you don't use them, even more reason not to spend out on them... If you want them for photos, just get the LED ones :)

Matt":1x7v7a0l said:
Because they're tacky lol. Why do you want HIDs for fogs?? They take more power, more room and have no benefit.. It probably wouldn't even cut through the fog as they're too bright.

HIDs for your main lights = functional
HIDs for fog lights = pointless

If you don't use them, even more reason not to spend out on them... If you want them for photos, just get the LED ones :)

Damn i love you man you always make sense ;)

Hids don't take more power they run at 35w's as opposed to the 55w standard fog bulbs run at, i'm using 3000k hids in my fogs but not had a chance to install them yet (too ******* cold!), 3000k is yellow but yellow cuts through fog and bad conditions better then white

But i dont want yellow i want white !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And HIDs do take up more room as matt said ?

Just get slim ballast ones, the ballasts are about 1.2cm thick, pure white would be 4300k thats pure no hint of blue

True but they are much more expensive. I've also heard that there's a degree of risk with fitting Hids, as well as the dilemma about declaring them to insurance.

Hids in foglights is the issue, but in foglights its perfectly legal as its a low level light, will post pics of mine when the weather warms up, as for messy wiring only some H4 kits require taking power from the battery, h11 kits don't need it as they arent hi lo, so the loom on each side connects to ballast, instead of running a big loom

Prab

Do not put hids in your fogs! It's going to burn the holders and casing!

Use decent white bulbs. Or if your not bothered about light output go for led lights, they are bright but will not give you a beam.

Hids are for headlights. Not sidelights. And this is talking from experience

I will post up some decent bulbs when I can.

@hatton, hids run cooler then halogen bulbs so why would they burn the casings, they also run at nearly half the wattage..