Forced Induction Vs NA

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JE_GT":kma91glj said:
sam666":kma91glj said:
singlespeed":kma91glj said:
MovingShadow":kma91glj said:
What if you could choose a Twingo RS with a turbo or NA engine and performance wise they give the same amount of power/performance.
In reality, your unlikely to find a turbo and NA pairing with the same power and performance :?

The remapped GT and a 133 are perfect cases in point if you say they both have 130hp.

Because the 1.2 is forced, its simulating a larger capacity engine as your cramming more air and fuel into the chambers, So the torque will be high for its actual capacity... So the 1.2 will probably have the edge untill the point where the turbo runs out off puff and the revlimit comes in, which is at lower revs than the 133.

If it was a 900cc turbo, reving to 7k, they would probably be more comparable but who would be voting for a 900cc turbo?
Fiat 500 twin air is 900cc turbo :lol:
And gay
Lmfao :) +1

singlespeed":545d5lb8 said:
MovingShadow":545d5lb8 said:
What if you could choose a Twingo RS with a turbo or NA engine and performance wise they give the same amount of power/performance.
In reality, your unlikely to find a turbo and NA pairing with the same power and performance :?

The remapped GT and a 133 are perfect cases in point if you say they both have 130hp.

Because the 1.2 is forced, its simulating a larger capacity engine as your cramming more air and fuel into the chambers, So the torque will be high for its actual capacity... So the 1.2 will probably have the edge untill the point where the turbo runs out off puff and the revlimit comes in, which is at lower revs than the 133.

If it was a 900cc turbo, reving to 7k, they would probably be more comparable but who would be voting for a 900cc turbo?

For today’s weekly Speedhunters poll, the question is a simple one – forced induction or naturally aspirated? Which do you prefer? Is it the sound and power rush of a turbo or supercharger setup or the response of an NA engine? For the purposes of this poll, let’s just assume that horsepower and torque figures are roughly the same for either choice.
Let's assume for now that they give the same amount of performance ;)

without reading the prior comments... same amount of power I'd go for the NA option. simply less hardware to go wrong plus instant throttle response.

Throttle response can't really be used as an NA pro.

Superchargers have no lag, small turbo setups have no lag..?

MovingShadow":2ergmlt6 said:
Or like the BMW M series with the biturbo's have almost no lag and instant response.

i am not a BMW fan but god i do love to have a 1M

that is what a twin turbo setup is for but i would still choose for N/A unless i have to choose between a twin turbo setup then i am sold

but hey i do love a screaming N/A so i still cannot choose , for daily driver i would say forced induction but for racing on a track i would say N/A

also reason why i love N/A try this with your turbo car->

Driver at the wheels Orido Manabu ;) i do love an S2K screaming like hell :D
[youtube]qH5dbbLmTlE[/youtube]

i can only judge what I have extensively driven. and on the turbo front that's only several R5 GTTs (where the term "turbo lag" is an understatement) and megane RS which is not famous for it's responsiveness.

GhostZ":36bv8xog said:
MovingShadow":36bv8xog said:
Or like the BMW M series with the biturbo's have almost no lag and instant response.

i am not a BMW fan but god i do love to have a 1M

that is what a twin turbo setup is for but i would still choose for N/A unless i have to choose between a twin turbo setup then i am sold

but hey i do love a screaming N/A so i still cannot choose , for daily driver i would say forced induction but for racing on a track i would say N/A

also reason why i love N/A try this with your turbo car->

Driver at the wheels Orido Manabu ;) i do love an S2K screaming like hell :D
[youtube]qH5dbbLmTlE[/youtube]
Just hit Vtec Yo :lol:

Matt":8sbl87xo said:
The only NA that will change my mind is a quad-rotor wankel engine. Noise, power delivery, everything...
Wankel engines are awesome but I'd only want one for track use.

Wouldn't want to use it as daily-car.

MovingShadow":2e1ri0ve said:
Matt":2e1ri0ve said:
The only NA that will change my mind is a quad-rotor wankel engine. Noise, power delivery, everything...

Yes I agree however we've not specified a use for the engine in this thread, just "what do you think is better" :)

Matt":19q1uczc said:
MovingShadow":19q1uczc said:
Matt":19q1uczc said:

Yes I agree however we've not specified a use for the engine in this thread, just "what do you think is better" :)
True.. I guess NA wankel engine would be awesome.

There's a reason why wankel engines are not allowed to be used anymore in some racing categories:

ku-large.jpg

Sound this makes is unreal.