Forced induction!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordini 41

Reaction score
Hi,
I have had my Gordini 133 about 6 months now and fancy a bit more power. Is there any turbo or supercharger kits out there to do the job?? Any other ideas!!
Thanks.

There aren't any kits available yet and I don't think anyone has been mad enough to offer their engine up for testing so unless you have the money to spend (as above, but it'll be more than a few) then you're going to be waiting a while I'm afraid!

172 / 182 engine conversion FTW!!

Will see a lot more power from doing this and wont cost as much

i'll PM you the rough price of going turbo this evening dude if i can find it

Easy, sell car. Buy a faster one. :) I know it's cold and heartless (I love my car already!) but there really isn't any proper joy to be had out of modding a N/A car without having mega deep pockets. Much easier to buy a turbo'd car and when you get bored of the power turning up the wick.

maggi112":1s6dr3v9 said:
Easy, sell car. Buy a faster one. :) I know it's cold and heartless (I love my car already!) but there really isn't any proper joy to be had out of modding a N/A car without having mega deep pockets. Much easier to buy a turbo'd car and when you get bored of the power turning up the wick.
Exactly you bought the car with the measly power that it has, sell it buy a Clio.

I've had my leg chopped off with buying my Panda but it was a financial decision but it's still fun to drive and I'll get my S2000 (or prob a Clio Cup) next.

Exactly, I think the biggest worry for twingo owners at the end of the day is 1) purchase cost, 2) insurance and 3) fuel prices. I know they factored in my decision, and at the end of the day the twingo was the best on all 3 in my budget, and I'm very happy I chose it.

My last car was a mistake because I wanted the brabus, but bought a standard smart and modded the hell outta it and I was never happy because it still wasn't the brabus I wanted. With the twingo, I wanted the RS so bought it first time around and I'm happy. Same applies, you want a fast car, you need to buy one that's fast to start with tbh. If you need to start asking how much is it gonna cost and looking at the pennies, I think it's already unaffordable and you need to look elsewhere for the kicks!

Not that I don't wanna see someone make a properly fast 133! :lol: but if it were my cash, I would rather strip mine and make it liquid yellow rather than faster :p

FYI on insurence based on my self, 1k mods (135bhp), 1.5k rs200, 1.7/8k turbo'd 133 (aimed at 180/220) dealing with insurers for modified cars

Thank you all for your replies. I have had many hot hatch cars over the years,Civic and Integra type R's ,S2000,Alfa GTA's,Mazda 3 mps,mini cooper s etc.... But the Twingo is the second car and a bit of a toy. I think it looks great and handling is sublime. Just feel it could handle another 30 bhp. Maybe your right. Just enjoy it for what it is....

How about offering it to Rotrex seeing as it's your second car and all...I can think of a few members who would be very grateful for you selflessness =D

If it was my Second car (and I had the money) I would do it!

M

maggi112":3hm7afjo said:

I'm inclined to agree there. As much as a Twingo running 180bhp would be great you could buy a Clio 182 Trophy for less than it'd take to get a Twingo to that level.

If it's all out power then buy a RenaultSport Megane and re-map it to 260bhp.

Sadly most kits that come about are expensive and I'm not aware of any off the shelf type set ups. K-Tec may come up with a turbo kit like they did for the Clio 172/182 but that's still a lot of money and has been around for a while.

You know I talks sense alex ;) It's not like the twingo is lacking power tbh, but if outright speed is a concern it's always easier, better and ultimately cheaper to buy a fast car to start with. I'd be looking at a megane myself. Russ' was running 265 iirc and he's after a 250 now that he plans to aim for 320bhp.

I'm happy with what I've got tbh, I love the charm of a slightly underpowered car that needs to be ragged to get the best from it.

hopefully CatCams will hurry up and sort mass production of their 133 cams which should see a nice hike in power with a remap :D

seems as though they have forgot where the 'reply' button is. lol. will try them again end of month. but i do know they had a 133 in, and that they couldnt use older k4m cams so redisgned new ones and were making the first one in Dec for testing an Jan.

I would be interested (purely as a petrol head) to see what someone else can get out of the motor. Certainly does feel like there's more to give with the right tweaking. Out of interest, how does the current vvt system actually work? There's the obvious change at about 5000rpm from not a lot happening, to it all happening in a quick blast, but there's no real noticeable crossover. Having had mivec for 2 years I've had a fairly agressive crossover that I assume will work differently, and unsure now what the cams will change in that respect? Would the be fast road cams and almost undrivable in everyday situations?

[youtube]BlCUhzxsxQo[/youtube]

judging from this i what i've read up unlike other companies that use a seperate profile that is activated at a certain limit which either has a higher lift or duration. looks like renault keep the same cams but increase the duration time so valve stays open longer.
on remapping it can be altered, mine comes in about 500rpm later then stock/normal remaps due to it not liking 4-2-1 and can even be turned off in which the car only made 120bhp.