Forced induction!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
two types of VVT, once it reaches the activation either ones on straight away or over say 1000rpm till its full activated. not sure which one the 133 uses.

Thought it might work differently like that. Certainly very clever and seems to be how it's heading. Smoother delivery, decent power and decent fuel economy. So I guess the cams are going to be more agressive all of the time essentially and therefore will make the car less driveable at low speeds, and hamper fuel economy then.

then 197 cams wasnt to bad but they said renault made them quite aggressive already so looks like the 133 will head the same way, which cuase the 197's to be made stronger and higher cost.
might be less driveable at low speeds, having a 4-1 manifold benefiting more in high revving (high powerband) then the 4-2-1 which is better low down. time will tell but looks like there testing the hell out of it as they were hoping it would be a go for Feb time. but i can picture mpg going out the door unless you regard the VVT and that takes away the fun.

interesting read on the topic of turboing a k4m.
https://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?338051-k4m-turbo-project
i did get quote 160/70bhp at 0.5bar but im guessing that was due to the very high comp piston the 800 series uses.

interesting way to mount a turbo, keep the existing manifold and pipe back upwards to attach the turbo at the side of the engine, seemed to work well as a means without having a whole new one custom made.
looking at the vid posted at 1.26mins were all 4 pipes meet could be where the turbo would go replacing the cat, plenty of space as the cat was the size or a large turbo when they took mine out.