Forces Tax Free cars

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XNicolalaX

Reaction score
I have discovered this site where if you or a family member is in the forces, they are available to buy tax free. My other half is looking at the new Fiesta ST2 and instead of it being £17995 its £14990, he is in the TA and they get the same amount as discount as regs. Just thought I would let people know incase they are in the forces or have relatives in. Heres the link...

https://www.emctaxfree.com/

I've read about a few buying new ford sts (both fiesta and focus) as they're available really quickly and planning to sell in a years time for free motoring this way

Yeah I was gonna buy my twingo from these guys but unless you're posted abroad(Germany) you don't get the tax free discount unfortunately :( major wounder
And for a brand new one in the end it worked out cheaper on the whole to get it from Renault :/
Just to let you know

Yeah they'll still do you a discount in the UK but the bloke at Renault did anyway and I think their original price was cheaper :)
The staff at emc are pretty helpful though so if he still decides to go that route I wouldn't say it isn't worth it but unfortunately he'll still have to pay the tax :(

I remember I got chatting to a guy at Crail who had a brand new Corsa VXR Nurburgring and he was a squaddie. He got it dead cheap with the forces discount too, was about £16k odd he paid for it iirc

maggi112":3il0hwo8 said:
Thought that's what everyone paid for a VXR :p noone ever pays list on a vauxhall

Brother in laws RAF friend bought the new focus ST whilst still on tour so he could pick it up his first day back and
a lad I know came back from his posting in Germany with the new Astra VXR! He's the same age as me!

Bloody squaddies :lol: