Forza's Twingo133 (p2: upgrade 3, Vibratechnics)

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mazmaz":1pya2xc3 said:
i read that some people used hammer to make more space

+1 for this , this is the fastest and the easiest option , if your not afraid to use a hammer , i was so i let a friend do it for me xD

Well last week I had the Twingo done. The rear fenders have been trimmed on the inside and the wheels fit perfectly without any rubbing whatsoever :mrgreen: .

Next on the list are Vibratechnics engine mounts. The top engine mount is actually done for, so it needs replacing. Maybe after those a group N Inoxline exhaust :) .

Hello,
i have OZ Superturismo 7x17 ET37,
Please can you tell what are you doing to have no problem with your wheels ET37?

When using 195 section tires it should work, even when your car is lowered. (See the red car in this topic, that has 7x17 et37 wheels with 195 tires and no problems).

I'm using 205 semi-slicks, which are even wider than normal 205 tires. This causes rubbing on the rear fender. I've solved this by removing most of the flat edge on the inside of the fender. The metal behind is also cut away and rolled outward. This way the outside is the same width as before, but the inside of the fender is a lot thinner. Now the tires and wheels fit, only when there are 5 people in the car and there's a big bump in the road it rubs slightly.

Forza":39xpzt3u said:
When using 195 section tires it should work, even when your car is lowered. (See the red car in this topic, that has 7x17 et37 wheels with 195 tires and no problems).

I'm using 205 semi-slicks, which are even wider than normal 205 tires. This causes rubbing on the rear fender. I've solved this by removing most of the flat edge on the inside of the fender. The metal behind is also cut away and rolled outward. This way the outside is the same width as before, but the inside of the fender is a lot thinner. Now the tires and wheels fit, only when there are 5 people in the car and there's a big bump in the road it rubs slightly.

thank's for answer, i hope will be fine for me in 195

Small upgrade this time. Fitted the Vibratechnics engine mounts, all three of them. There certainly are more vibrations, but it's not extreme or anything. Shifting is now way better and the clutch grab point is much better to find!

Yes I need to clean it :oops: .

Went to the Nurburgring saturday. So much more enjoyable with a decent set of tires and brakes!!

14-15h-IMG_5394.jpg

1067107-e91aebd8d0cb464c621fdfd1083c0bb8

1067588-b79af2290b32454615401ae0d4d06d9b

Now I need MORE :twisted: :mrgreen:

I like this black Renault diamond. i'll do the same xD

Wich tyre did you use?

yotah1":3ln8x61d said:
Nice to see the Twingo on the track :)

Thanks! It's way to much fun ... :lol: :mrgreen: .

Had some camber bolts laying around and today I had them fitted. Alignment has been done as well, the difference is very noticeable! It corners more "easily" for lack of a better word :) .

In order to get some feel for the car in a safe environment (I don't have enough courage to drive the car over the limit on the Ring, not yet at least :mrgreen: ) I participated in a drivers training day on Circuit Park Assen. Defenately learned alot, only got it sliding a bit once. So the I got to the limits of the car, which are very far away fortunately.

The day was great! The Twingo held it's own very well, the only things faster in the twisties where Renault 5 GTT's on full slicks. Even a GTR on Michelin Cup tyres wasn't a match, until the straights came up and he blasted away with 700 hp :mrgreen: .

Next up will be the "Vroemdag" at Zolder circuit. It's a (free) charity trackday during which you take handicaped and sick children for a few laps around the circuit.

And I made a list with updates as a result of the first real beating the car got :) .

- Solid top mounts: the current standard top mounts are shot and need replacing. (probably KAM racing ones)
- Coilovers: GAZ shocks, just because I want them.
- Racing seats: Although the seats are really very good at holding your upper body, the bottom doesn't and I had to brace myself with my legs to keep from sliding off. Also the riding position is to high. (Got my eye on Sabelt GT 130's)
- Racing harnesses: the brakes are very effective and I need a way to stop having to lean on the steering wheel when braking. (Sabelt probably)
- Steering wheel: The standard wheel is great but I need it to be more towards me. (Sabelt Renault Sport model)
- Brake cooling ducts: The brakes where not smoking but had a nice shade of blue after a session. And when standing next to the car I could feel the heat coming off the brakes through my pants.
- Rear Anti-roll bar: to stiffen up the rear and get rid of some understeer.

And because I just bought a house, it will take a while unfortunately ;) .