found this.....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipercross foam air filter with 80mm tube and adaptor (the stock is 67-70 i think) , fmic (from punto t-tzet 150hp) , downpipe 60mm + catback 55mm + racing catalyst + laguna 2.0T 165hp injectors . To work it corectly you will need an aftermarket solenoid turbo valve because the stock one isn't so good. These bhp and torgue is the max limit of this engine...If you push it over this limit without forged the engine , you will blow it up....

Don't know but I call bullshit on 163bhp without changing the fuel pump or updating the clutch or turbo.

Very optimistic result from just an induction kit, injectors and exhaust and sports cat don't you think?

waitey":2kdkrr1k said:
Don't know but I call bullshit on 163bhp without changing the fuel pump or updating the clutch or turbo.

Very optimistic result from just an induction kit, injectors and exhaust and sports cat don't you think?
that's what i was thinking. that guy that has 165bhp from his twingo has spent a small fortune. 163 bhp just from enlarged induction and some wastegate mod cant seem true. 228Nm of torque i think the gear box would give up in 100 miles lol

I would bet the figure isn't that far away, you just have to look at the 2 runs done one after the other and the difference in power.

its running far too much boost, run one you get away with it, but by the time run 2 comes everything is red hot and it cant make power.

when you compress air it gets warmer, hence why turbo cars have intercoolers, so with a turbo you need to find the limit between the amount of boost you can run and the air temperature that creates, no point running 1.5 bar of boost if you end up with 70c inlet temps!

the difference is, no UK mapper would map a car to that sort of limit, hence why you wont see cars in this country with that sort of power figure on they mods.