Friday afternoon car!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twingo133

Reaction score
My car was most definitely made on Friday afternoon! I love my car to bits but it pisses me of something kronic! I sent it into Renault yesterday with a list of problems and they decided that they would give me a courtesy twingo 1.2 bizu, now im sorry to anyone that has one of these but i absolutely hate it, It feels like im driving a marshmallow, the suspension is made of sponge, the seats are made from an old mattress, there is no rev counter so there is a massive space where one should be, the seat will not lower so i look like a right tool driving round with my head through the roof!, no air conditioning. i know the twingo 133's dont have much more and its probably me just being a moany old sod but i cant wait to pick my car up!

I do have a question for the more frequent users of their twingo s, Ive done 31k on my car in 14 months and have had so many problems with it, ive had new horns, lower arms, intermediate shafts, window regulators, A new exhaust! does anyone else have problems like this?

James :D

I know exactly how you feel there is nothing worse than not having your own car. so you’re not being moany just its not what your used to. It really makes you appreciate the 133 though :D

As for the problems you seem to have had a fair few in such a short space of time! I can only imagine it being very frustrating!

I think mine and your cars were made on the same afternoon mate. I've had many many issues with mine. It's depressing when it keeps going wrong. Nothing worse than seeing your car on the ramps over and over again. The annoying thing is, when it's all right and working, I absolutely love it and love driving it.

I only have the 1.2, and it is pretty gutless at times, although mine is quite high spec so I know what you mean about the bizu...
I had an i music last week for a few days when the car was having its gear stick lever replaced under warranty.. It was very low spec and not a nice replacement, even if it is only for a few days!

A second class ride is better than a first class walk, but sometimes only just.

I once had a Cinquecento S for a week, as a replacement for my Sporting, which would be an equivalent spec downgrade as your suffering. After getting home, it only left the drive once to go shopping and I used my bike instead of driving.

I have a Freeway 1.2 which is pretty nippy in urban areas and also has very good MPG where motorways are concerned. Whilst it doesn't boast all of the gadgets/gizmos of a 133, I can categorically say it has had no manufacturing faults/defects since day one.

(famous last words? I hope not!!)

My old Punto, when that went into the garage, it was a backstreet garage in quite literally the middle of nowhere, and they didn't provide courtesy cars. So I'm yet to experience a courtesy car! I'd like to try a 133 though, just to compare.

twingo133":dlr8ah3n said:
My car was most definitely made on Friday afternoon! I love my car to bits but it pisses me of something kronic! I sent it into Renault yesterday with a list of problems and they decided that they would give me a courtesy twingo 1.2 bizu, now im sorry to anyone that has one of these but i absolutely hate it, It feels like im driving a marshmallow, the suspension is made of sponge, the seats are made from an old mattress, there is no rev counter so there is a massive space where one should be, the seat will not lower so i look like a right tool driving round with my head through the roof!, no air conditioning. i know the twingo 133's dont have much more and its probably me just being a moany old sod but i cant wait to pick my car up!

I do have a question for the more frequent users of their twingo s, Ive done 31k on my car in 14 months and have had so many problems with it, ive had new horns, lower arms, intermediate shafts, window regulators, A new exhaust! does anyone else have problems like this?

James :D
Driving a bogo spec twingo, can't remember which spec, made me look at the RS. I had the bogo as a courtesy car when my megane was in for yet another fix and I was really impressed. Yes it had blobby suspension and the seats weren't great, but it was still fun, nice and revvy engine and a fun chassis.

I had my RS Twingo (58 plate) for just short of 3 years and covered 24000 miles. Nothing went wrong, had no problems at all so I think you're just unlucky :(

Unfortunately with Renault when they make a Friday afternoon car, they make a proper job of it! :( Sadly it's those cars that gain them the stereotypical French reputation.

I've had 7 Renaults and never had a bad one. My mum has had two Renaults, her 2nd, a 2001 Clio Alize was sh!te. Knackered a valve in the first year and ended up running on 3 cylinders and drove like crap. Engine was never smooth, even when warmed up. Put my mum off Renault ownership completely.

You have my sympathy with all the problems you've had with yours James.

Alex_225":1dt81oby said:
Unfortunately with Renault when they make a Friday afternoon car, they make a proper job of it! :( Sadly it's those cars that gain them the stereotypical French reputation.

I've had 7 Renaults and never had a bad one. My mum has had two Renaults, her 2nd, a 2001 Clio Alize was sh!te. Knackered a valve in the first year and ended up running on 3 cylinders and drove like crap. Engine was never smooth, even when warmed up. Put my mum off Renault ownership completely.

You have my sympathy with all the problems you've had with yours James.
Thing is as with any manufacturer you get good and bad. I had a 2yr old BMW 318ti compact. Worst car I have ever owned, name problem and it had it. The difference is the dealer kept me happy by recognising the car was shit and offered me a very cheap up grade to a 325ti, and trust me it was a bargain.

weebob":2cak6dog said:
Thing is as with any manufacturer you get good and bad. I had a 2yr old BMW 318ti compact. Worst car I have ever owned, name problem and it had it. The difference is the dealer kept me happy by recognising the car was s**t and offered me a very cheap up grade to a 325ti, and trust me it was a bargain.
Exactly, every car manufacturer has its pros and flaws - nobody ever gets it right, unless it's a Bentley or Jaguar, or something - and even then I wouldn't trust them 100% to not misbehave.

Sam":16wdatbj said:
weebob":16wdatbj said:
Thing is as with any manufacturer you get good and bad. I had a 2yr old BMW 318ti compact. Worst car I have ever owned, name problem and it had it. The difference is the dealer kept me happy by recognising the car was s**t and offered me a very cheap up grade to a 325ti, and trust me it was a bargain.
Exactly, every car manufacturer has its pros and flaws - nobody ever gets it right, unless it's a Bentley or Jaguar, or something - and even then I wouldn't trust them 100% to not misbehave.

my father in law bought a brand new Jag XJR portfolio and had a shitty time. The alloys started to corrode in a matter weeks and the dealership refused to do anything about it claiming he must of damaged them, all four. Aggressive letters to Jag HQ and they bought it in to have a look, then claimed it had after market break pads, and the dust was causing the damage... the pads were the standards ones from Jag for that car and as the car hadnt even done 1000 miles, they hadn't been changed. He ended up parking it in the show room enterence blocking the door. All got very messy.

He also had a Merc CLS, one of the first in the UK, that had the whole keyless entery thing, except it only worked on the left passenger side of the car. The comedy was I had a Megane that he referred to as "French muck", it had keyless and it worked fine.

Thanks guys, appreciate the sentiments, thats crazy about the Jag weebob, I am already having problems, it has had a new window regulator and it seems slower than the original on the other side.
I dont know if i will be having another renault although i am a fan of the Megane RS :).

weebob":2rnyngzd said:
Sam":2rnyngzd said:
weebob":2rnyngzd said:

my father in law bought a brand new Jag XJR portfolio and had a shitty time. The alloys started to corrode in a matter weeks and the dealership refused to do anything about it claiming he must of damaged them, all four. Aggressive letters to Jag HQ and they bought it in to have a look, then claimed it had after market break pads, and the dust was causing the damage... the pads were the standards ones from Jag for that car and as the car hadnt even done 1000 miles, they hadn't been changed. He ended up parking it in the show room enterence blocking the door. All got very messy.

He also had a Merc CLS, one of the first in the UK, that had the whole keyless entery thing, except it only worked on the left passenger side of the car. The comedy was I had a Megane that he referred to as "French muck", it had keyless and it worked fine.
Blimey! What an appalling attitude from Jaguar, you'd think prestigious vehicles such as those, the dealers would actually want to help! Sounds mad, don't think I'll be buying a Jaguar any time soon.